Never deposit - ZOOM poker (i'm back! ...maybe)

• Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      hello! :f_p:

welcome to my new blog (you can visit my old one here).
      this time i'm going to use a list format for no particular reason (also i know there's a list bbcode, but i don't really like how it looks)

:spade: my pokering career :spade: (you can find more details on these claims in the old blog)

- never deposited anything from my own money, built everything from a pokerstrategy starting capital (as you can see i take great pride in that :f_biggrin: sorry i know it's a bit silly)
      - fan of fast fold poker formats
      - beat sh2 and sh5 on everest
      - moved my roll to stars to play zoom, beat fr5, fr10, fr25 and fr50 over okay samples (50k+ on nl25 and nl50)
      - took a fr100 shot which lasted about 8k hands, ended in a terrible downer day (but to be honest my game wasn't up to par for the limit either, i'm better now than i was back then)
      - moved down, moved down further (nl25) for mindless diamond grind, hit a downer, game deteriorated into a weak-tight style and wasn't having fun (my own post-analysis) so took a quite long break
      - back to business now :f_cool:

:club: about me :club:

- 22 years old
      - while i am not a super tryhard person, i like to achieve at least a reasonable skill level at all hobbies that i take more seriously. poker is one of them!
      - voluntary hand judge for the nanostakes forum. feel free to leave feedback here!
      - my other most worth mentioning hobby is chess, i'm not much into the most popular games of our age i guess

:diamond: my approach to poker :diamond:

- money is a good bonus, but i play mostly for fun (and winning is fun ofc)! most often i play only 2 zoom tables, sometimes 4 if grinding for something :f_eek:
      - open-minded, i don't mind talking (and taking) non-standard lines and styles. there definitely is a lot of money to be made at zoom micros by throwing balance out of the window (imo) :f_biggrin:
      - if you are not having fun, don't play it. learned that the hard way :f_frown:
      - nitty bankroll management allows me to have more fun when playing, specially because i don't want to ever get near busto

:club: my approach to this blog :club:

- mostly some kind of diary :f_love: (like the old one)
      - eventually throw in a strategy post/discussion here and there

why a new blog?

i feel like this is kind of a new start, also i have obviously changed since my old first post in the first blog :f_biggrin:
      in short, i want to and i think it's a reasonable idea :f_biggrin:

what happened during this break?

played other things, cashed out like 1k for drugs, hookers, blow and a new computer.

so... this will be my starting roll for this:

besides that, still have about $100 in neteller as booze money or something, and about $8 (yeah) on partypoker.
      everything completely poker generated :f_love:

:heart: post-thispost graphs :heart:

nl10 (may 2014 update)

nl25
      in progress
  • 360 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      First + Subbed + Gl!
    • BULLMONEY
      BULLMONEY
      Bronze
      U Can mANAGE drugs, hookers, blow and a new computer In jUZz 1k :f_eek: :f_eek:
    • elda420
      elda420
      Bronze
      I had been following your previous blog for quite some time so I'm naturally subscribing to this one aswell. Expecting to see some sick gif hand histories ~
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      in! :D
    • Sholja
      Sholja
      Bronze
      Subscribed!
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      thanks everyone! :f_love:

i'll start by sharing some thoughts on what i feel that are the average tendencies at sh10 zoom.
      i spazzed out A LOT in the first 2k hands of the graph, basically never folding and floating everyone :D didn't work out well obv.

- people are too tight for SH, vpip/pfr like 17/13 not uncommon at all.
      - people are strong when they look strong :f_eek:
      - that is, 3bets and 4bets don't happen too often. it's ok to assume that everyone is tight until they prove you otherwise
      - even from blinds 3bet vs btn people still have strong ranges. i rarely actually had an opportunity to float turn on dry boards
      - 3bet range is quite depolarized, even on the BB they will 3bet hands like AJ KQ AT(o).
      - feel like 2 barrels happen quite often, but that's probably an effect of strong ranges. they often had something :f_biggrin:

OF COURSE OBVIOUSLY some people will have solid stats, some will be quite out of line and whatever you think of, this is about what i perceive to be the average tendencies.
      and as far as i could notice, the average reg is tight.

so how do you go about it? by being loose and aggressive in position. :f_biggrin:
      i might go on more detail later, but i feel like against your average tight reg it's well profitable to minopen any two on the button... and even any two on the small blind. :f_eek:
    • Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      Seems interesting, will follow, and glad to see you are back and posting :D
      Hopefully you will have lots of luck in this chapter of your life :)
    • vuciitis
      vuciitis
      Bronze
      will be following, i like people who burn money for drugs and hookers :D
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze

pokertracker 4 hud for zoom bugged out again.
      well, screw it, i'm too good for huds :f_eek: wanted to play so i launched two sh10 tables anyway.

got a bit annoyed and tired at the end so i just decided to quit. :f_biggrin:
      a few interesting hands:

felt really annoyed with my river call because i fucking knew what he had, but 8.5:1 pot odds is crazy. can't fold :f_biggrin:

PokerStars - $0.10 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: $10.70
      SB: $10.07
      BB: $10.00
      UTG: $14.34
      MP: $6.76
      Hero (CO): $24.44

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has T:club: T:spade:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.25, fold, SB raises to $0.90, fold, Hero calls $0.65
      4-tabler, but no hud for me :f_biggrin: def defending TT in position

Flop: ($1.90, 2 players) 3:club: Q:club: 6:club:
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.00, SB requests TIME, SB calls $1.00
      he takes reeeeaaaaallly long to call which makes me pretty sure that he has a hand like AKo with a club or the pure nuts.
      since it's hard to flop the nuts it's more likely that he has Ax with a club :f_biggrin:

Turn: ($3.90, 2 players) 2:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero bets $2.00, SB requests TIME, SB calls $2.00
      now i am sure that he has Ax with a club. even if he doesn't i'll cbh any river anyway

River: ($7.90, 2 players) 5:club:
      SB requests TIME, SB bets $1.00, Hero requests TIME, Hero calls $1.00 :facepalm:

SB shows A:spade: K:club: (Flush, King High) (Pre 44%, Flop 49%, Turn 30%)
      Hero mucks T:club: T:spade: (Flush, Queen High) (Pre 56%, Flop 51%, Turn 70%)
      SB wins $9.45

didn't really expect a K but it makes a lot of sense given the way he played the hand :f_biggrin:

don't rep anything

BTN: $29.80
      Hero (SB): $17.52
      BB: $5.14
      UTG: $7.53
      MP: $10.00
      CO: $6.45

Hero posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has A:club: 9:heart:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.25, fold
      btn reg, calling here because fishy bb could def call a ton of dominated hands

Flop: ($0.70, 2 players) A:diamond: 9:club: A:heart:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.30, Hero requests TIME, Hero raises to $0.80, BTN calls $0.50
      think that maximizing value against his Ax holdings is better than trying to get him to barrel air, i also give him some room to spaz with air by c/r smallish

Turn: ($2.30, 2 players) 2:diamond:
      Hero bets $1.80, BTN calls $1.80

River: ($5.90, 2 players) 5:club:
      Hero requests TIME, Hero bets $4.44, BTN calls $4.44

Hero shows A:club: 9:heart: (Full House, Aces full of Nines) (Pre 27%, Flop 82%, Turn 91%)
      BTN mucks J:heart: A:spade: (Three of a Kind, Aces) (Pre 73%, Flop 18%, Turn 9%)
      Hero wins $14.11

lol

BTN: $10.00
      SB: $9.30
      Hero (BB): $10.32
      UTG: $27.56
      MP: $9.53
      CO: $14.03

SB posts SB $0.05, Hero posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has 9:club: J:club:

fold, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.60, 2 players) A:heart: T:club: 2:heart:
      SB bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30
      given positions, this board and his sizing he's not repping a strong hand here, bluffraising should be better though since J high is quite weak
      floating wide should be ok too though since he will probably just c/f the turn often

Turn: ($1.20, 2 players) J:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.65, SB calls $0.65
      this might be too thin, to protect from random Kx and Qx now it should be better to bet ~0.5 at most since i have ok showdown value

River: ($2.50, 2 players) J:heart:
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.40, SB calls $1.40
      i have trips i bet

Hero shows 9:club: J:club: (Three of a Kind, Jacks) (Pre 42%, Flop 8%, Turn 5%)
      SB mucks A:diamond: T:heart: (Two Pair, Aces and Jacks) (Pre 58%, Flop 92%, Turn 95%)
      Hero wins $5.06

and some food for thought:

BTN: $16.25
      SB: $26.19
      Hero (UTG): $22.72
      MP: $6.94
      CO: $53.76

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has 9:diamond: T:diamond:

Hero raises to $0.35, MP calls $0.35, fold, fold, fold, BB calls $0.25
      fish like everywhere, bb is 6/0/18h though

Flop: ($1.10, 3 players) Q:diamond: T:spade: 8:diamond:
      BB bets $0.80, Hero calls $0.80, MP calls $0.80

Turn: ($3.50, 3 players) K:diamond:
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.80, MP raises to $5.79 and is all-in, BB raises to $8.85 and is all-in, Hero...?
      setting up a shove against mp, but what to do when both of them shove?
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      pokertracker still didn't fix their stuff.
      that's a bit annoying, but SH10 is a bronze mine for me to skip playing :f_love: (won't use the term "gold mine" because too low stakes)
      you almost literally print money by minraising 100% of buttons :f_biggrin: (it's not "literally", but it's def good enough)

i'll post today's graph and then stop posting daily graphs (maybe weekly/monthly?) as i think posting a graph every day makes me more result oriented.

played pretty bad near the end :f_biggrin:
      a few hands:

BTN: $22.00
      SB: $9.19
      BB: $11.34
      UTG: $5.28
      MP: $5.00
      Hero (CO): $15.23

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has 9:club: T:club:

UTG raises to $0.30, fold, Hero calls $0.30, fold, SB calls $0.25, fold
      this preflop call is bad. didn't notice his stack, not any stats on him, also nothing particularly inviting about the players behind
      SB is 2-tabler quite out of line guy, floated me with pure air 43o bbvsb

Flop: ($1.00, 3 players) A:club: 9:heart: 5:club:
      SB checks, UTG bets $0.60, Hero calls $0.60, SB raises to $1.80, fold, Hero calls $1.20
      not sure how FOS he is there, if i get it in i never fold out better though so with this draw with a ton of outs i think it's better to flat.

Turn: ($5.20, 2 players) T:spade:
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.50, SB calls $1.50
      that didn't make a lot of sense, i think he is way more likely to be on air than usual (given history) so i try to induce some spaz, i think this hand can stand a c/shove

River: ($8.20, 2 players) K:spade:
      SB SNAPchecks, ...

Hero bets $6.42, ...

people mostly aren't balanced with their river snapcheck timing so i'm reasonably sure that i have the best hand, no idea what he has but it's most likely not superstrong

SB calls $5.59 and is all-in

Hero shows 9:club: T:club: (Two Pair, Tens and Nines) (Pre 41%, Flop 50%, Turn 84%)
      SB shows Q:diamond: A:spade: (One Pair, Aces) (Pre 59%, Flop 50%, Turn 16%)
      Hero wins $18.51

i had thought this was super spazzy, now i think it was just spazzy

BTN: $16.79
      Hero (SB): $22.99
      BB: $11.31
      UTG: $9.95
      MP: $10.11
      CO: $20.14

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has Q:heart: J:club:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.20, Hero calls $0.15, fold
      idk what i was doing

Flop: ($0.50, 2 players) 9:spade: 8:heart: 7:spade:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.30, Hero raises to $1.00, BTN calls $0.70

Turn: ($2.50, 2 players) A:diamond:
      Hero bets $1.55, BTN calls $1.55

River: ($5.60, 2 players) 3:heart:
      Hero bets $3.00, ...
      think that if i c/r this i have to 3barrel to make him fold pair+sd, pair+fd, or whatever, on that specific turn i can probably also make TT+ fold by barreling T+R so def going for it.
      i think my T+R sizings were way too small though, not really repping any kind of superstrong hand

BTN calls $3.00

Hero shows Q:heart: J:club: (High Card, Ace) (Pre 43%, Flop 35%, Turn 9%)
      BTN shows A:spade: 9:club: (Two Pair, Aces and Nines) (Pre 57%, Flop 65%, Turn 91%)
      BTN wins $11.08

obv he never folds this :f_cry: now in hindsight though i feel that it wasn't THAT bad against his possible full range if i had barreled bigger, idk going to look deeper tomorrow... maybe :f_confused:

this hand made me quit the session

BTN: $12.09
      SB: $11.51
      BB: $12.10
      UTG: $29.65
      MP: $9.85
      Hero (CO): $11.56

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has A:diamond: 4:spade:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.25, fold, SB calls $0.20, BB calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.75, 3 players) J:heart: A:club: A:heart:
      SB bets $0.10, fold, Hero raises to $0.60, SB calls $0.50
      sb is a fish, should raise bigger since it's very unlikely that he has an A (proceed with caution though)

Turn: ($1.95, 2 players) K:club:
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.23, SB raises to $2.46, Hero calls $1.23
      first things first, it's obvious he is never bluffing, but any Ax other than AQ is a split (AAAKJ) which might keep us from folding immediately.
      however, given that he thinks he has a very strong hand - he will barrel like 80% of rivers - and i don't really want to call off, most often we split, but he can still have QT/JJ/AJ/AQ and maybe AK.
      so i think it's okay to fold in this turn spot.

River: ($6.87, 2 players) 8:club:
      SB bets $8.20 and is all-in, SB says "blaff"

fold

SB wins $6.56

have a nice week :f_biggrin:
    • dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Gold
      Welcome back sir! & GL

Originally posted by BULLMONEY
      U Can mANAGE drugs, hookers, blow and a new computer In jUZz 1k :f_eek: :f_eek:
      Obv not world class hookers :D
    • xxInspectorxx
      xxInspectorxx
      Bronze
      will be following this, Am just taking shots and NL25zoom so we been tackling the same tables at NL10 :) Its good moneys there GLGL!
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      not a world class computer either :D

also yeah, nl10 is SO soft, it's so much fun but i should move up sometime. :f_cry:
      not sure i saw you though :D

anyway well, pretty sure i had a super profitable day but not going to post results. :D
      got soulread in a hand against a reg though:

BTN: $12.88
      SB: $8.03
      Hero (BB): $9.99
      UTG: $13.80
      MP: $33.12
      CO: $13.08

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has 2:club: T:heart:

fold, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to $0.20, Hero calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.40, 2 players) 4:club: Q:club: 5:spade:
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.26, SB calls $0.26

Turn: ($0.92, 2 players) 9:spade:
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.65, SB calls $0.65

River: ($2.22, 2 players) Q:spade:
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.30, SB SNAPcalls $1.30

Hero shows 2:club: T:heart: (One Pair, Queens) (Pre 23%, Flop 14%, Turn 7%)
      SB shows T:spade: A:club: (One Pair, Queens) (Pre 77%, Flop 86%, Turn 93%)
      SB wins $4.60

this guy was one of these seemingly bad-tight sh10 4-tablers (16/14) with weird positional stats (1/14 open btn :f_eek: ) and thought he was just turning his hand face-up as something mediocre, so i was super surprised when he c/c 3 streets with A high and even SNAPPED the river.

i think it was a good play against me since my nl10 stats are super out of line and in this runout i rep really narrow.
      not sure how he came to it though, his stats are so weak, i don't get it. i guess he's just a huge station, or enjoys leveling too much?

here's the spaztard thought process:

- preflop: minraise, perceived weak tight player, never fold
      - flop: he probably doesn't have a good Qx so i'll bet and probably barrel
      - turn: just want to try to fold JJ-
      - river: should probably have given up, that is such a bad bluff card because only backdoor got there and my value range is super narrower now. i thought he was a weak reg though and could talk himself into folding, so i might get a few folds for a good price

ofc that's just some level 2 thinking (obv someone could adjust to me by adding some strong hands to checking range), but i think that nl10 regs mostly won't level themselves too much so it's mostly ok to just try some stabs on weakish lines imo.

now a hand against a fishy guy

BTN: $5.62
      SB: $22.76
      BB: $7.12
      UTG: $1.62
      Hero (MP): $14.95
      CO: $15.14

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has T:spade: T:club:

fold, Hero raises to $0.30, fold, fold, SB raises to $1.00, fold, Hero calls $0.70
      not super thrilled but flatting ip and a bit deeper

Flop: ($2.10, 2 players) T:diamond: 4:spade: 2:spade:
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.75, SB calls $0.75

Turn: ($3.60, 2 players) 4:club:
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.89, SB calls $1.89

River: ($7.38, 2 players) 3:spade:
      SB checks, Hero bets $3.85, SB calls $3.85

Hero shows T:spade: T:club: (Full House, Tens full of Fours) (Pre 18%, Flop 88%, Turn 95%)
      SB mucks Q:heart: Q:spade: (Two Pair, Queens and Fours) (Pre 82%, Flop 12%, Turn 5%)
      Hero wins $14.40

not sure how to play this against this guy, should prob just bet the flop bigger. i thought his play looked a lot like random overcards, most likely AK :f_biggrin:
      i guess with these guys you never know?

have a nice day :f_biggrin:
    • vuciitis
      vuciitis
      Bronze
      i got a question about hands similar to that second hand were u flopped a set- when we flop sets do we need to protect our hand vs flushdraw with similar betsize as we would floped like TPTK or we can bet smaller to milk the guy as we block some of his flush outs (if he is on a FD)? i feel like i regulary loose tons of value betting too much with floped set agains 2 cards of same suit on the flop. can u tell your tought on these spots?

tnx :)
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      that hand is a 3bet pot, but i guess you are referring to normal pots.

with a set you usually just want to bet strongly.
      for one, if you don't have top set, then there are more top pair combinations available. also it's much easier to make a mistake with a very strong hand by betting small than by betting big. :f_biggrin:

if you have top set on a dry board you might want to bet small.
      if you think someone is likely to be a draw, then just bet as much as you think he'll pay with the draw. :f_biggrin: blocking some flush outs is cool but you still want as much immediate value as possible.

in my hand i bet small because i think he's on a relatively weak range so he can't really pay much, i don't even think that he has a FD often at all. else i'd bet bigger :f_biggrin:
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      overplaying AA

BTN: $21.53
      SB: $19.57
      Hero (BB): $9.99
      UTG: $5.85
      MP: $4.85
      CO: $9.91

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has A:club: A:heart:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.30, fold, Hero raises to $1.00, BTN calls $0.70

Flop: ($2.05, 2 players) 7:diamond: K:diamond: 8:diamond:
      Hero bets $1.23, BTN raises to $3.00, Hero...

raises to $8.99 and is all-in, BTN calls $5.99

Turn: ($20.03, 2 players) T:heart:

River: ($20.03, 2 players) A:diamond:

Hero shows A:club: A:heart: (Three of a Kind, Aces) (Pre 80%, Flop 10%, Turn 5%)
      BTN shows 8:spade: 8:club: (Three of a Kind, Eights) (Pre 20%, Flop 90%, Turn 95%)
      Hero wins $19.13

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
      just fold the flop. nvm that it's 3bet pot, btn vs bb, there are a ton of sd, A, AK possible.
      these nits just don't give a damn about balancing semibluffing or w/e, they only look at their hand and stack off.

rant over :f_biggrin:

actually is that warranted? i wonder if i actually should fold the flop, unknown guy but reg tendencies.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      a FUN update today!

i told you that there would be no more daily graphs but i felt that today was just ridiculous.
      i was right:

didn't play too well but still well on + for all-in EV so i'm happy enough.

on the topic of all-in EV... it was like, once the money was in the middle, i had a 100% chance of winning the pot.
      besides that, i wasn't really hitting everything (link), but i hit it in the spots that actually counted to get people's stacks. :f_biggrin:

i almost feel bad by having such a sick heater, but when i remember the downers i had in nl25, 50 and 100 it reminds me that it's okay to run good eventually :f_biggrin:

today was kinda the opposite of other days because i felt like people were playing back a lot at my 3bets and small pots, but i won the massive pots.
      i actually had quite a loss with 3betting non-premiums:

i was a bit worried but that's just today's fault though, reasonably recent hands filter on that is up.
      anyway let's move on to the fun hands:

BTN: $10.05
      SB: $9.90
      BB: $10.81
      Hero (UTG): $56.15
      MP: $7.20
      CO: $10.00

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has T:club: T:spade:

Hero raises to $0.35, MP raises to $7.20 and is all-in, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $6.85
      this guy really looked like an unknown fish. what are you calling here?
      i think this is a call, even given positions, probably not calling 99 though.

Hero shows T:club: T:spade: (One Pair, Tens) (Pre 19%)
      MP shows K:heart: K:club: (One Pair, Kings) (Pre 81%)

Flop: ($14.55, 2 players) 4:heart: 9:diamond: 3:club:

Turn: ($14.55, 2 players) T:heart:

River: ($14.55, 2 players) J:spade:

Hero shows T:club: T:spade: (Three of a Kind, Tens) (Pre 19%, Flop 8%, Turn 95%)
      MP shows K:heart: K:club: (One Pair, Kings) (Pre 81%, Flop 92%, Turn 5%)
      Hero wins $13.90

damn zynga poker, man
      make it $1 pre? i am actually nearly completely clueless about how to approach this preflop spot, AJo is okay but not anywhere near the nuts specially oop

BTN: $14.65
      SB: $32.01
      Hero (BB): $30.44
      UTG: $6.76
      MP: $8.51
      CO: $9.70

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has A:heart: J:diamond:

UTG calls $0.10, MP calls $0.10, CO calls $0.10, BTN calls $0.10, SB calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.80, UTG calls $0.70, fold, CO calls $0.70, BTN calls $0.70, fold

Flop: ($3.40, 4 players) 4:heart: A:spade: T:club:
      Hero bets $1.85, UTG calls $1.85, fold, fold
      was quite scared of better hands.
      once only utg calls though i think his limp/call range has a ton of Ax so just shipping a lot of turns, sure he might have 44/AT/A4 and maybe TT sometimes but w/e

Turn: ($7.10, 2 players) 2:club:
      Hero bets $4.44, UTG calls $4.11 and is all-in

River: ($15.32, 2 players) Q:heart:

Hero shows A:heart: J:diamond: (One Pair, Aces) (Pre 68%, Flop 81%, Turn 66%)
      UTG shows 3:club: A:club: (One Pair, Aces) (Pre 32%, Flop 19%, Turn 34%)
      Hero wins $14.63

now a tough spot imo:

BTN: $14.71
      SB: $11.43
      BB: $6.94
      UTG: $28.52
      MP: $11.45
      Hero (CO): $49.35

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has Q:spade: A:spade:

UTG calls $0.10, MP raises to $0.40, Hero calls $0.40, BTN calls $0.40, fold, fold, UTG calls $0.30

Flop: ($1.75, 4 players) Q:club: 7:diamond: 5:club:
      UTG checks, MP checks, Hero bets $1.15, fold, UTG calls $1.15, fold

Turn: ($4.05, 2 players) A:heart:
      UTG checks, Hero bets $2.67, UTG raises to $6.00, ...

fucking hell, man :f_eek:
      first things first - he's never bluffing, AK is a snapfold.
      he reps 77, 55 really well, but his limp/call range might have stuff like A7 A5 75s.
      100bb deep i just close my eyes and stack off, but we are 300bb deep and he probably barrels the river.

Hero requests TIME, Hero calls $3.33
      i am ip, worst case is i have 4 outs, just call and see how much he bets on the river. really sick inside though, prob fold it if he pots river and call a smaller bet

River: ($16.05, 2 players) Q:heart:

UTG checks, Hero bets $8.00, ...

surprising check but either he filled up or got his 2pair counterfeited.
      if he filled he probably c/shoves and if he's counterfeited i need a cry call so i think sizing is ok, i'll call a shove and if he has that 1 combo of AA sometimes then congrats to him

UTG requests TIME, UTG says "f uck", fold

so he probably got his 2p counterfeited.

Hero wins $15.33

calling 8betshove on the flop

Hero (BTN): $29.53
      SB: $12.15
      BB: $14.95
      UTG: $8.65
      MP: $15.01
      CO: $10.00

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has J:club: J:diamond:

fold, MP calls $0.10, fold, Hero raises to $0.45, fold, fold, MP calls $0.35

Flop: ($1.05, 2 players) 6:spade: J:spade: T:heart:
      MP checks, Hero bets $0.80, MP raises to $1.90, Hero raises to $3.80, MP raises to $6.20, HYPE

his range is completely face up here, he limp/called a pocket pair and hit a set.
      5% of the time or something he'll have AA or a draw but w/e, i just decide to have some fun with clicking back

Hero raises to $8.60, MP raises to $11.00, Hero raises to $13.40, MP raises to $14.56 and is all-in, Hero calls $1.16

Turn: ($30.17, 2 players) 9:diamond:

River: ($30.17, 2 players) 5:club:

MP shows 6:diamond: 6:heart: (Three of a Kind, Sixes) (Pre 19%, Flop 4%, Turn 2%)
      Hero shows J:club: J:diamond: (Three of a Kind, Jacks) (Pre 81%, Flop 96%, Turn 98%)
      Hero wins $28.81

interesting is that he was just snap clicking, the thought that he could be beat with bottom set 150bb deep probably didn't even cross his mind. marine psychology

BTN: $9.45
      Hero (SB): $10.39
      UTG: $13.66
      MP: $10.00
      CO: $26.14

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has A:diamond: A:club:

UTG raises to $0.30, MP calls $0.30, CO raises to $1.30, fold, Hero raises to $2.60, fold, fold, fold, CO calls $1.30
      this might be a call vs the squeeze and i obviously look like KK+, but i don't want a 4way pot oop with the early position bastards coming in with their pocket pairs, suited broadways or whatever

Flop: ($5.90, 2 players) 9:diamond: 8:spade: J:heart:
      Hero bets $2.22, CO calls $2.22

Turn: ($10.34, 2 players) 2:heart:
      Hero bets $5.57 and is all-in, CO calls $5.57
      co turned out to be a fish which is cool i guess

River: ($21.48, 2 players) 3:spade:

Hero shows A:diamond: A:club: (One Pair, Aces) (Pre 80%, Flop 75%, Turn 86%)
      CO shows 7:diamond: 7:heart: (One Pair, Sevens) (Pre 20%, Flop 25%, Turn 14%)
      Hero wins $20.51

now for the hits on relevant pots

BTN: $19.19
      SB: $10.93
      BB: $10.42
      UTG: $16.65
      MP: $27.66
      Hero (CO): $15.24

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has T:spade: Q:spade:

UTG raises to $0.30, fold, Hero calls $0.30, fold, fold, fold
      this guy looked like he had fishy tendencies and 150bb deep so i didn't want to fold this pretty hand preflop.

Flop: ($0.75, 2 players) A:heart: K:spade: 4:spade:
      UTG bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40
      he never folds better so i'm not raising my very strong draw, against fish you just hit and have them donate their stack to you

Turn: ($1.55, 2 players) 5:diamond:
      UTG SNAPbets $1.50, Hero calls $1.50
      he's probably as strong as 2pair+ when he pots here. i don't have direct odds but the implieds should cover

River: ($4.55, 2 players) J:spade:
      UTG SNAPbets $3.30, Hero SNAPraises to $13.04 and is all-in,

UTG SNAPcalls $9.74

Hero shows T:spade: Q:spade: (Flush, King High) (Pre 40%, Flop 40%, Turn 25%)
      UTG shows K:club: A:diamond: (Two Pair, Aces and Kings) (Pre 60%, Flop 60%, Turn 75%)
      Hero wins $29.25

i just snapshoved because he was also snapbetting from the turn so i didn't want to give him time to realize that his hand might not be that good anymore.
      i also don't think i am beat too often, i block AQ and AT spades and AK and AJ spades aren't possible so to beat me he needs to have rag Ax spades (that said, he actually might have it sometimes).
      in any case i'm not ever doing anything other than stacking off, if he has it then congrats to him :f_biggrin:

last fun hand:

BTN: $8.09
      SB: $10.66
      BB: $10.22
      UTG: $10.10
      MP: $23.73
      Hero (CO): $25.99

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has K:spade: Q:spade:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.25, fold, SB raises to $1.00, fold, Hero calls $0.75
      i think this is a fold preflop given unknown reg sbvco, people aren't too light here. anyway i called

Flop: ($2.10, 2 players) 5:spade: A:club: J:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.15, ...

when he checks this flop these are the possible scenarios in order of likeliness imo:
      1 - he has QQ-KK, Jx, weak Ax and doesn't know what to do/pot control
      2 - he completely missed and this flop is perceived to hit my range so he gives up
      3 - he is trapping

one problem here is that i am blocking quite some QQ-KK combos.
      on the other hand i have gs+backdoor fd so i am probably going to bet 2 streets anyway

SB calls $1.15

Turn: ($4.40, 2 players) T:spade:
      SB bets $2.50, Hero raises to $5.00, SB calls $2.50

when he leads the turn it doesn't really make any sense to me, but i hit so idk, just minr and hope he levels himself or spazzes out. he probably calls any pair+gs "for odds" :f_biggrin:
      calling and seeing a river with such a lock on the board is probably ok, but i don't want board pairing or a 4-straight which might scare him into not shipping the monies when there will still be about $6 behind.

River: ($14.40, 2 players) 9:club:
      SB checks, Hero bets $18.84 and is all-in, SB calls $3.51 and is all-in
      whatever, he prob knows he's beat but no one folds any pair for this huge pot ever

Hero shows K:spade: Q:spade: (Straight, Ace High) (Pre 16%, Flop 16%, Turn 77%)
      SB shows A:spade: A:heart: (Three of a Kind, Aces) (Pre 84%, Flop 84%, Turn 23%)
      Hero wins $20.46

oh nvm, he had aces. well played

so i think that's it, hope you enjoyed reading. :f_biggrin:
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      feeling a bit tired today.
      took some time to review my game, also still going to play but probably going to just nit it up a bit, should be good too because my image sucks. :f_biggrin:

here are a few fixes to quite significant leaks imo:

- tighten up on btn when there are perceived fish on the blinds
      - situation: open btn with a total air hand like 63o, get a call, flop comes AQ8r or whatever.
      options are - delay cbet, cbet SMALL - i'm targeting a very weak range of small pairs and suited connectors and these will fold to whatever, while other hands also won't fold to whatever.
      for some reason i still want to cbet 2/3 which is a pretty huge leak.
      - fold to 3bet of ~80% is actually ok vs unknowns and most regs since they are relatively tight, it's okay to fold pretty hands IP. :f_biggrin:
      - just generally be tighter out of position, oop just sucks.

also here are a few general random points:

- playing timed sessions with an alarm. set something like 30-60 min depending on how tired, when it rings pause to rest and check on possible session leaks, with special attention to the above points.
      - going to use 40bi brm. that's like really nitty specially considering that it's quite obvious that i have a fair edge, but that's just how i can actually maximize my fun and not be worried about money in any way. so going to move up to nl25 with $1000 :f_eek:

cya :f_biggrin:
    • nabokow
      nabokow
      Bronze
      very nice blog, subscribed

gl, sir!