This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50 AQo preflop. Flop range?

• AchillesBG
      AchillesBG
      Gold
      Prima, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

CO: $79.59 (159.2 bb)
      BTN: $79.01 (158 bb)
      SB: $74.72 (149.4 bb)
      BB: $50 (100 bb)
      Hero (UTG): $56.81 (113.6 bb)
      MP: $50 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A:heart: Q:spade:
      Hero raises to $1.50, MP folds, CO calls $1.50, BTN calls $1.50, SB folds, BB raises to $6, Hero raises to $14, CO calls $12.50, 2 folds

Flop: ($35.75) 3:spade: 7:club: 8:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $65.57, Hero folds

Results: $35.75 pot ($1.78 rake)
      Final Board: 3:spade: 7:club: 8:club:
      CO mucked and won $33.97 ($19.97 net)
      Hero mucked A:heart: Q:spade: and lost (-$14 net)

Anon. table. All players are unknown.

Do you have a calling range in this spot? Maybe PP for set value (77-JJ), because i don`t think that someone will often try to resteal the pot or calling here is a bad idea?

Since i don`t want to call AQo and probably play OOP multiway, i think that this is the best hand to bluff 4bet with. Because of the small squeeze, i get a very good price for my bluff.

After CO cold call the 4bet, what range do you put him on? I guess it`s a either a very strong range (JJ+, maybe AK) or in some % of the time he is a big fish and has a wide range? (SK,PP,suited broadwats e.t.c.)
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Achilles,

Preflop: I think your line preflop is fine.

I would personally not have a calling range against unknowns. If CO had some info on the players (or us) maybe we can call certain pairs and big Ax/broadways but against unknowns it would be pretty bad.

Postflop: Since we don't know anything about the guy and the flop is terrible we can't do much but check/fold. I think his range could be pairs and suited Ax (like AQ/AJ) and maybe some KQ hands.