Bleeding from the blinds

• 6 replies
    • rossd152
      rossd152
      Bronze
      Fairly obvious leaks here. Your calling range from the blinds should be 22's+(any pair) A,T + K,Q o/s+ I think this is roughly 12% of hands. Your raising range from the s.b should be any ace any suited picture Q+ and suited connectors 4,5s +. ther reverse implied off of your wide calling range are killing your winrate especially as its zoom. In zoom people play much tighter and your calling range is too wide so adapt to this and you will see a big change. To get use to this I would drop down, get use to it and once perfected/ corrected I would move back up providing b.r allows for this. Any more q's feel free to p.m me. GL and run good!
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      loss at 6max table if folding at Bb every time is 100 /6 = 16.6 bb/100 right?

So if its above its better to fold and have less loss?

I am losing 29.5 bb/100 in BB and 39.6 bb/100 in SB

edit:
      wrong calculation :) if fold, then losing 100bb/100
    • datsmahname
      datsmahname
      Global
      Its easy to target the blinds as "the cause of the problem" but your winrate from every position needs to increase. Even though your +EV from other positions, your bb/100 is still low.

I would continue to work on fundamental game theory, reviewing hands, and not focus on maxing value from one position. The problem is likely to be more general than that.
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by datsmahname
      Its easy to target the blinds as "the cause of the problem" but your winrate from every position needs to increase. Even though your +EV from other positions, your bb/100 is still low.

I would continue to work on fundamental game theory, reviewing hands, and not focus on maxing value from one position. The problem is likely to be more general than that.
      This is the best advice in the thread. The general trend in your winrates is good, but the actual winrates is too low.

Also imo ignore post #1s ranges, these rly static ranges are pretty poor. Make it alot more open raiser dependent. Call extremely tight vs the earlier positions, fuck calling hands like KQo - 3b or fold them.

Anyway, general trend is good, agg% is good (are you using it in correct spots? are u possibly over aggressive in some spots?) just work on getting the overall wr in every position up.
    • ProfitsofDoom
      ProfitsofDoom
      Basic
      I was looking at HM2, and noticed the same thing. My winrates were a bit low. so am trying to tighten up my ranges a little bit.
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      If you folded every hand in the bb your wr would be -100bb/100. And sb would be -50bb/100.

So what datsmahname and fusionpk said.