This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 6max fish isolated

• ilioas
      ilioas
      Bronze
      PartyGaming - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

BB: $14.73
      UTG: $21.13 39/26-69 hands Folded to 3bets so far 2 of 4
      Hero (CO): $12.74
      BTN: $10.00
      SB: $10.00

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has A:spade: 9:spade:

UTG raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $0.90, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls $0.60

Flop: ($1.95, 2 players) 4:club: 3:heart: A:club:
      UTG checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($1.95, 2 players) K:club:
      UTG checks, Hero bets $1.39, UTG calls $1.39

River: ($4.73, 2 players) 9:diamond:
      UTG bets $3.00, Hero calls $3.00

Preflop: Raiser is a fish, has showed aggression so far on river with bluffs.
      I 3bet to isolate fish. And get a call from him.

Flop: On flop I hit my A, but looking at villains stats they say that he is almost always folding to Cbet (>80%), although he is Cbetting himself almost always.(>80%). Given the circumstances that he checked to me I assume that he does not have a range to continue, nor the flush. A check to induce some bluff on later street or let him catch something I can get value from.

Turn: Although it hits flush I will be carefull, but more inclined on getting value from Kx, 5x, JT hands.

River: Bet on river is suspicious, but given the history, I call to see Kx, A7-A5,A2,TJ as a value.
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Ilioas,

Preflop: Villain is fishy so our 3-bet is mostly for thin value. I would add 1 BB given that we are 127 BB effective.

Postflop: The sample is not huge so that 80% fold to cbet is most likely over just 5 hands (I'd assume) so I still think we have a 1/2 pot bet there. If you give him a range of all Ax and pairs that's enough of a calling range to warrant a cbet (plus FDs).

As played river is a call given the odds and line. He can have draws that turn into a bluff or weaker hands betting.