Need a new start

• lGotYourOuts
      lGotYourOuts
      Bronze
      Happy holidays for everyone, first of all :)

It has been a while since visiting this site apart from TaF program benefits, it has been a while since last playing poker normally.

I've been playing 6max hyper-turbo tables kinda whole my 'carreer' but the overall level has increased quite a lot in PokerStars, not much fish is left, and I kinda feel these games are degrading my overall poker skills even tho I'm winning player but those winnings are just.. well I've been making more money cleaning my parent's house once a week.

So yeah today I had a sudden realisation today that I want to start from scratch, want to start playing and have a proper long run. I prefer fast paced games, so I'm thinking about starting ZOOM poker run, or maybe even join some different network. Maybe playing at regular 6man tables is an option too.

What I want from you guys is maybe someone can recommend a room, that'd be best for a complete starter? Also all book/video/tutorials/strategy recommendations for any type of NL poker would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for everyone who took their time to read this:)
  • 2 replies
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hey IGotYourOuts

about what room to play at, if you make a post in this thread someone will come along and give you some great advice.

also i'm sure all the strategy info from written articles and videos on this site will be extremely helpful... there are new strategy videos coming out pretty much every week so hopefully you find something useful there :) you can also attend the live public coachings which happen during the evenings throughout the week.

hope that helps!
      Lewis.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Hey IGotYourOuts,

It's always nice to make a fresh start. However, if you are looking to change game type then I think this must be a personal choice :)

Why not try a few different things and then see which you enjoy the most. Poker comes down to enjoyment IMO. If you don't enjoy a game then you are as well off to not play!

Check out the thread Lewis mentioned above for help with choosing a poker rooom!

Have a great day!
      Gary