Help on S'n'G

• Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Hey there.

I need a little guidance on S'n'G.
      I play 1.10 on PS and I have played quite a lot of them now, but with loss.
      I stick to the guides here on the site, and they work very well, untill we're down to 4 players. When I get to that point and I'm ready to get ITM, my stack is short and I end up in 4th place because of bad cards, even though I make some nice steals along the way.

Can anyone give me a tip on how to get that last part and finish ITM?

Cheers,
      Kimber88
  • 8 replies
    • seabaz78
      seabaz78
      Bronze
      if it is the top 3 that pays, just be more aggressive here as everyone are on the bubble so they will be scare to call with not a good hand. if you are short stack and going to call the BB, might aswell go all in and if someone calls hope for the best
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Thanks for the advice.

Just played 4 1.20 S'n'G on Mansion. 2 places paid. Guess what? I came in 3rd in all four. Hit by terrible bad beat on two of them and short-stack problem on the other two. I'll try to get some of it into a program and get some stats, if anyone would look at that?

Kimber88
    • hyppolito
      hyppolito
      Bronze
      One thing (I play these as well), is trying to steal the blinds more frequently. Sometimes pushing with any A or any K... Os bluffing, trying to steal if nobody entered the pot.

And as usual, push with 66+, A8+, K8+ and etc. It works great for me.

Cheers,

Thiago
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      You need to download ICM Trainer in the download section, http://www.pokerstrategy.com/software/

This will help alot!

I cant really tell you anything else, as I haven't seen you play.
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      I have tried to install the ICM Trainer, but it tells me that I need some .NET framework or something like that. I installed that, but it still won't run. And then one other thing about the ICM. My antivirus freaks out when I try to work with it. How can that be?
    • BusinessGuru
      BusinessGuru
      Bronze
      You might be pushing too tight in the late stages. Download the ICM trainer, this will tell you when to push and when to fold in a number of situation which should help your game a lot
    • rhinoneil
      rhinoneil
      Silver
      try playing stts with a double stack or slower blind increases
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Originally posted by rhinoneil
      try playing stts with a double stack or slower blind increases
      Playing STT's with slower blinds is good advice.

But... Dont play deepstacked STT's. People think, they are easier because you have more chips, and longer to wait for a hand, WRONG IMO. Deep tourneys are for advanced players, you have got to be good at controlling the pot. Otherwise your wasting you time imo.