Yoghi's video corner

• Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      I have decided to make more videos than just once in a while, I'll try to update like twice a week, whether you like it or not. It's also good for myself as I keep focussed on the game by explaining the things I do in a hand. For beginners those videos could also help, since I think that my game is decent, and there are hardly any big mistakes in it anymore, and when I do make a big mistake I usually know it myself.

I'll just update the startpost every time with a new link, the vids will be named after the day I produced them, so it's always easy to find back :)

I also hope to stimulate other users to make more videos by doing this myself. It's a great way of evaluating your game and letting other people evaluate yours. People can see how you play and when you explain your moves they can also help you better because they know what you think.

http://www.megaupload.com/nl/?d=JE1M05MN
      http://www.megaupload.com/nl/?d=NHNWXS5S
  • 23 replies
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      You have to activate something in the recording program so that we can see the stats. :/

I'll watch it now and write my opinion down later. :)

EDIT:

Aug6:

9:00, BL: Check folding the turn should be better. I don't see him folding that many better hands. A K or Q may even have folded on the flop.
      9:05, UL: There are a lot draws so I like betting there again as the 7 is a blank.
      9:16, UR: I isolate unknown with A4o here. Especially as limpers are almost always not very good players. Sure not a must do but I just wanted to let you know. :)
      10:45 BR: You fold J5o in the SB (open). Earlier you raised the same hand (BL). Was that opponent based?

What a session. Hope you catch an upswing soon. :)
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Hmm, that's strange. It did that automatically in Camtasia 5. Do you know what to put on? Else I'll get Camtasia 5 here aswell.

I'll make a proper 1 tonight then :)
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      That's what I found:

Problem bei Camtasia3, das Stats nicht angezeigt werden
      options -> aufzeichnen > haken rein bei Ebenen-Fenster aufzeichnen

Translated:
      Problem with Camtasion that there are no stats shown in the video:
      Options -> recording (?) > mark record layer-windows (?)

My translation could be wrong but I guess you know what is meant? :)

(Comments about your video above.)
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Ye I understand what you mean, I also understand german, thanks a lot :)

Edit; it is Tools --> options --> capture --> capture layered windows.

I think it was opponent dependant, I can't remember the stats of the 1 where I did raise, but this guy was 40/2/0.6 with 50 WTS. I don't like J5o against such players.
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Ok. Standard fold then (well not that standard as I often notice this AFTER raising *g*). :)
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Update August 7th. Video went a bit better now, think I played breakeven. There are a few moments when I wasn't sure though. Also updated the startpost :)
    • MP87
      MP87
      Bronze
      Hey Yoghi, nice videos. I have learned a lot watching them and will continue to watch more if you post them.

Aug 7 video
      16:10, BR: You made a straight on the river :|
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Lol...
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Aug7:

18:00, UR: You can valuebet the river here with A-high. He seems to become a TAG and as he didn't cap he doesn't have AK. He didn't raise anywhere either so he has no overpair or toppair. The board is pretty dry so A-high and small pocketpairs should be his main range but he should be able to bet the pocketpair when checked to him anyway so I bet/fold here for value.
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      Nice vids Yoghi! I really enjoyed watching therm. The first one was a little off dough, sounded like you ware really tired or something, but the second one is great! :D Do more!!!

Btw, this,

Originally posted by MP87
      Hey Yoghi, nice videos. I have learned a lot watching them and will continue to watch more if you post them.

Aug 7 video
      16:10, BR: You made a straight on the river :|
      was really funny :D :D :D , I noticed it and wanted to post here, but MP87 beat me to it. The way you kept talking on how the river was a blank was hilarious :D :D :D :D :D :D
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      The first vid being worse is probably because of the other vid failing because my HD was full :(

[excuse]The fold was to see if you guys paid attention to my vids![/excuse]
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      I have a question :)

26:35 BL
      You have a set and you value bet the river, why? I doubt that an 8, like you said will call your bet, actually anything but two pair or a set will fold, but they are both unlikely since there wasn't any aggression. Wouldn't it be better to c/c? That way you give him a chance to make a bluff bet and you don't risk a 3-bet from a straight. That way you get a chance to get another 1BB from him and you don't lose a BB to a straight if you decide to call the raise...
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      I think an 8 will call me. Also every draw got there apart from a runner runner flush. If he had a gutshot he made a pair which he could call, but I don't think he would bet with a pair because he has some showdown value. There are no logical hands that can bluff me there, A high will check behind aswell.

Even though it's a super small sample size it looks like this guy isn't agressive enough either to bluff at me frequently.
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      This topic has been dead for some time now :D

But I might start making some vids again, but as I only play HU now they will most likely be HU only.

Anybody interested? Perhaps somebody else playing HU who can help me a bit (and vice versa)?
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      I'd love it if you make a HU video. Will definitely watch it :)
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      Hey Yoghi since I asked u to coach and you told me you were playing HU I've tried my hand on full tilt 1/2$. After 2.5K hands I'm running 4 BB/100 it's a freakin goldmine =D The DC HU videos are SO GOOD. I know I'm still pretty crap and playing pretty weak tight but I'm trying to improve :P We should do some railing sometime!
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Wow nice, thats better than I do :P -0.03BB/100 after 4.8k hands at 3/6, but ship the rakeback.

I made a vid yesterday of like 75 minutes, and I ran supergood, never won so much money in such a short time :D I'll upload it this weekend.
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Updated :)
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      O and btw, please do give feedback so I know whether you guys like it or not. Also I'd like some suggestions about stuff that you want to hear in some future videos.