[NL20-NL50] Nl25 Jj

• DarkAwi
      DarkAwi
      Bronze
      Party, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 3 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BTN): $44.80 (179.2 bb)
      BB: $6.58 (26.3 bb)
      SB: $25.10 (100.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with J J
      Hero raises to $0.50, SB raises to $1, BB folds, Hero raises to $4, SB calls $3

Flop: ($8.25) 8 Q 7 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($8.25) 5 (2 players)
      SB bets $5.88, Hero???

Villain: http://pbrd.co/YrlciL

What should we play here? ?( I don't think there is value on the flop, weaker usually folds, Qx, and some brodway with FD raises. Turn?
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

We have 2 options: Bet Flop call blank Rivers, or call Turn call River on decent runouts.

Assuming villain is a fish (or maybe he misclicked?), I prefer the 2nd option. Because they tend to play more badly against flop checks with imbalanced frequencies (pay you off too light on later streets, or bluff too often).

I would argue that there may be some thin value on the Flop. But if we get raised we cannot fold, and let's say he bets this blank turn, i would jam here for protection given how big the pot already is and the huge number of draws present. We also need to think about river playabiltiy (half the deck is bad for us).

But given the fact that a calling range vs a 4bet should be very heavily weighted towards broadways with a Queen, I think checking Flop makes more sense.

Thanks.