38% fold vs raise flop
      43% cbet turn
      38% fold vs float turn
      2.5 af
      44% wwsf
      31% wtsd
      14k hands

Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BB): $70.98 (142 bb)
      MP: $65.54 (131.1 bb)
      CO: $20 (40 bb)
      BTN: $51.66 (103.3 bb)
      SB: $103.25 (206.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q A
      3 folds, SB raises to $1.50, Hero calls $1

Flop: ($3) 3 5 6 (2 players)
      SB bets $2, Hero raises to $6, SB raises to $13.89, Hero calls $7.89

Turn: ($30.78) K (2 players)
      SB bets $14.25, Hero calls $14.25

River: ($59.28) 2 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

How would you play this hand? This waY?
      Normally i would just 3bet/5bet pré-flop or raise/shove flop, but this deep i opted by this line..
  • 6 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Heya,

Normally I would 3bet preflop. He doesn't fold much and he opens quite a lot.

Postflop I don'd understand the flop raise that much. Do you want to represent a narrower but more nutted range? I think you have more success when trying to make him fold weak range and then you rep more by just floating than when raising.

What is your reason for playing how you did postflop?
    • GingerKid
      GingerKid
      Black
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      Heya,

Postflop I don'd understand the flop raise that much. Do you want to represent a narrower but more nutted range? I think you have more success when trying to make him fold weak range and then you rep more by just floating than when raising.

Do you think that turn call is ok? I think that we dont have the odds to call, and also if we complete flush we dont have implied odds, because we cant expect him to call us with set. We have only 8 clean outs, because K pairs he gets fh.
    • elchipriota
      elchipriota
      Bronze
      With 140 eff stack we can still 3bet profitably vs a 42% steal range IP no?

I agree with above that you cant rep anything else from what u have there so you will not be getting called often enough on the river when you hit to make the turn call a profitable play.

Nick
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by GingerKid
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      Heya,

Do you think that turn call is ok? I think that we dont have the odds to call, and also if we complete flush we dont have implied odds, because we cant expect him to call us with set. We have only 8 clean outs, because K pairs he gets fh.
      I agree, that's why I asked Lunitis what is his thought process for all the hand. I disagree with his postflop play but I want to hear his thinking so then we can ship our own thoughts of why we believe it to not be the best play.

I think we should not raise flop with our hand because we a) have better hand sometimes b) can make him fold his weak hands later and c) have enough equity to just call. When we raise and get 3bet it sucks for us and we barely get the odds to call, then we don't get the odds for turn ofc but that's because of how we got to the turn imo. If we call turn we have to assume we have some implied odds when we hit the nuts and also we should be able to bluff on some cards so then I assume a turn call will be followed by 100% river shove when checked to to make a hand like QQ fold or smth though I wouldn't be too confident in that succeeding. Either we can bluff river or we should not call turn or not raise flop altogether or 3bet preflop. When deep and IP there can be many ways to play profitably so I won't say there's just one way. My approach would be preflop 3bet vs 42% this deep and go from there.
    • Lunitis
      Lunitis
      Gold
      My problem with the call flop was that my range gets capped, with my hand i think i need FE, and i wont expect him to believe me when i raise the turn or float.

I didnt 3bet because i cant go on if he 4bet this deep, and because he isnt calling 3bets that much.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Heya,

"42% steal from SB
      57% fold vs 3bet (3/10 vs hero)
      5.8 4bet range
      24% call vs 3bet"

Those are the stats you shipped in the first post. If they are close to reality you can see that he definitely calls a lot of 3bets so you get value that way but then he also 4bets a lot. If we give him a reasonable range you have the equity to call IP:

Equity     Win     Tie
      MP2    52.82%  51.67%   1.15% { JJ+, AKs, A9s-A7s, K9s-K7s, Q9s-Q7s, AKo }
      MP3    47.18%  46.03%   1.15% { AsQc }

If he is more polairsed you do even better usually:

Equity     Win     Tie
      MP2    44.15%  43.17%   0.98% { KK+, A9s-A7s, K9s-K7s, Q9s-Q7s }
      MP3    55.85%  54.87%   0.98% { AsQc }

Regarding postflop, uncapping your range will usually be fine but if that uncapping process with a draw won't make him fold much it's fine to represent a mediocre showdown value hand. Basically what you are trying to do is make him fold a hand like AA I assume, otherwise, you can make him fold weak pairs by calling and still have very good equity so you don't need to generate as much folding equity now against that as against AA type hand. Don't forget you are also BvB so you get less credit usually, at least from my experience.