25/21
      24% fold vs cbet flop
      60% raise cbet (25) !!
      5 af
      46% agg% turn
      53% wwsf
      1.2k hands

Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $40.26 (80.5 bb)
      Hero (UTG): $54.32 (108.6 bb)
      MP: $51.85 (103.7 bb)
      CO: $50 (100 bb)
      BTN: $118.73 (237.5 bb)
      SB: $24.32 (48.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A J
      Hero raises to $1.50, 2 folds, BTN calls $1.50, 2 folds

Flop: ($3.75) 4 T K (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.50, BTN raises to $7.50, Hero calls $5

Turn: ($18.75) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($18.75) K (2 players)
      Hero bets $10,

I know this positions should refrain villain, but damn, thats just way too many raises for me to fold here (!?).
      Anyway im not sure about this line because if he bets the turn i think i have to fold, and im not sure if he will or will not barrel the turn as bluff.
      Small raise/fold on the flop would be nice? Like 15€..
  • 5 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Flop: I agree with not folding on the Flop vs this guy. We have some options, first is to re-raise him on the Flop to 15$, and second is to flat and float OOP like you did here.

River: I think on this runout I will check again on the River as we have showdown value. It's less likely that we are beat here after the king pairs. Also, he is less likely to believe that you have a King when all draws missed and if he somehow has 4X/TX here I'd expect him to bluff catch vs you really often.

Could be wrong though, maybe he folds TX/4X if we lead the River and that might be the better play. But I think when such hyperaggro players play, they will often go into station mode.
    • Lunitis
      Lunitis
      Gold
      4x should be very very rare in his flatting range here, even Tx i dont expect many combos (and just flatting in this flop). Well if he calls with Tx/99- i guess i should bet to, but i think i can represent very well AK/KQ/KJ, i dont expect him to call with those hands. Anyway, do you prefer call and float or 3bet flop?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      this decision should be largely based on how often he is going to play honestly on the Turn. If he is betting the Turn with a wide range then I would prefer 3betting the Flop and trying to shut him down immediately.

I still think checking River is better. With AQ I would certainly check. And I don't think it's out of the question for villain to somehow have TX or 4X here, though he shouldn't have too many combos of those. Basically by betting here we just get called by better IMO.
    • Lunitis
      Lunitis
      Gold
      But i make him fold lots of hands that are ahead...AQ, 33-22, other marginal pairs. Because i wont expect him to have that many hands like SC, Ax and QJ due to positions.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      AQ is just one hand which beats you.

Hmm I did not include 22/33/55 type of hands in his range. But you may be right. Most normal players would just c/f that on the Flop with underpairs, but given that he raises 60% i think those could potentially be in his range. So I think turning AJ into a bluff makes more sense vs this guy.