This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] QQ hard one NL10

• BotiaKiraly
      BotiaKiraly
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 8 players - View hand 2161922
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

SB: $10.00 - VPIP: 14, PFR: 8, 3B: 3, AF: 2.4, Hands: 146

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is CO with Q :spade: Q :club:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.35, 1 fold, SB raises to $1, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.65

Flop: ($2.10) 2 :diamond: 9 :spade: 4 :spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $1.30, Hero calls $1.30

Turn: ($4.70) 3 :heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2.70, SB raises to $5.40, Hero folds

Hi,

Should I 4bet here preflop? or would it scare him afo if he is 3bet bluffing. On the flop is calling ok, or can i jam it. On the turn I don't think he would raise JJ or lower pairs, so I think I am beat, what do you think?
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: I think flatting here is fine. This guy is a huge nit.

Flop: We can either raise or call. I prefer calling. this guy is a nit after all and we want to keep his range as wide as possible.

Turn: Turn is pretty interesting. On one hand, the reason for slowplaying Preflop and Flop is because we feel that we don't want to isolate ourselves vs AA/KK from a nit. On the other hand, there is a very slim chance that villain has AA/KK here after checking the Turn.

Would villain c/c the turn with AK? I'm not sure. Maybe you can bet smaller (1.60) and hopefully induce some bluff raise. With your bet size it's much tougher, I really don't see him taking this line as a bluff very often. He should be jamming the Turn too if he had something like AK, why is he min-check/raising?

I would often advocate checking the Turn - I think betting makes little sense if we are unwilling to call a raise here.

Pretty sick spot, I think folding is fine. If he had check/jammed it's probably closer to a call.

Thanks.