This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 57s CO against donk on flop and turn

• gavinonymous
      gavinonymous
      Bronze
      villain seems weak and tight, 22/15/0 after only 27 hands. I don't open worse from CO but fish in the blinds and it's zoom.

I figure I have enough equity to call flop vs this donk bet
      Equity improves on turn so I raise to build the pot, possibly fold out better hands and maybe even for value.
      River seems a must bet/fold considering my action on the turn, and that I don't beat much.

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players

BTN: $17.90 (179 bb)
      SB: $11.47 (114.7 bb)
      BB: $11.43 (114.3 bb)
      UTG: $10.78 (107.8 bb)
      MP: $4.41 (44.1 bb)
      Hero (CO): $10 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 5 7
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.25, 2 folds, BB calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.55) 7 9 K (2 players)
      BB bets $0.20, Hero calls $0.20

Turn: ($0.95) 4 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.60, Hero raises to $1.50, BB calls $0.90

River: ($3.95) 9 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $2.50
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Gavin,

Preflop: Looks fine

Postflop: I feel that calling the small donkbet is a mistake. We have a weak hand and some redraws. We should look at raising here and take the pot down. If he 3-bets we have an easy fold.

As played what range do you actually given villain? Can he fold anything (better) that played like this on the river?
    • gavinonymous
      gavinonymous
      Bronze
      I think villain is usually donking with sc draws, pairs with poor kickers, e.g. 56s, rarely a K, KJ. some gutshots and low pp's.

could certainly fold 88, A7 or a split with 78s.
      KT, KJ, might fold, maybe even KQ that the board pairs.

I've seen worse hands call, AJ and 33 for example. I think also I didn't want to show down my weak hand. Thanks again.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by gavinonymous
      I think villain is usually donking with sc draws, pairs with poor kickers, e.g. 56s, rarely a K, KJ. some gutshots and low pp's.

could certainly fold 88, A7 or a split with 78s.
      KT, KJ, might fold, maybe even KQ that the board pairs.

I've seen worse hands call, AJ and 33 for example. I think also I didn't want to show down my weak hand. Thanks again.
      If he played a Kx hand like this, which is possible, I doubt he will fold the river.

I feel that his range for bet/calling turn is mostly draws and Kx and we beat draws (and I don't think Kx folds).

I still feel that raising the flop is far superior to calling.