Csubakoppanny
      Bronze
      Pacific, $0.15/$0.30 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 4 Players

CO: $30 (100 bb)
      BTN: $65.66 (218.9 bb)
      Hero (SB): $45.27 (150.9 bb)
      BB: $5.72 (19.1 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J J
      CO raises to $0.78, BTN folds, Hero raises to $2.46, BB folds, CO calls $1.68

Flop: ($5.22) 9 9 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.61, CO calls $3.61

Turn: ($12.44) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $8.13, CO calls $8.13

River: ($28.70) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

Results:
      $28.70 pot ($1.43 rake)
      Final Board: 9 9 5 A T
      CO showed Q Q and won $27.27 ($13.07 net)
      Hero showed J J and lost (-$14.20 net)

Notes:
      -88 broke CO vs BU
      -JJ or/4b BU vs BB
      /////////////////////////////////////////////////////
      -AK cbet/3b/broke low flop
      -99 calldown AKxxx
      -55 call QTxtt flop

Hi!
      What do you think my postflop play?
      I was thinkin' about a river shove but after his call on the A turn I was totally scared that he has something like AK-AQ-AJ...etc. Besides he has a higher fold to river cbet, he won't fold these hands.
      I don't really have a clue what should I have done. ?(
      Also I have two notes about that he brokes with mid pairs in blindwars against regs. So I concluded from that info that he would slowplay his preflop monster hands... is it a good guessing, or we don't have enough info to say that?
  • 4 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi,

Preflop: Pure value 3-bet, looks fine although it could be 1-2 BB larger.

Postflop: Given the info we have what is the purpose of the big flop and turn bet? Are we going for value or are we trying to bluff him?

Given his stats we would be betting for value here because I doubt anything better will ever fold, even on the river (and I would not expect many QQ-KK in his range). But the question comes down to what can he call with on the turn? If your read is correct (which is a bit early to make) he doesn't have many 1p hands that are worse and can call. I'd say that he probably has 66-88 and possibly TT since this is not CO vs BTN or SB vs BB or even BTN vs BB (but it is 4 handed).

Given the other stats we have on him I think we could actually ck/call turn and ck/fold river because I don't think there's enough worse that can call a turn bet and he can have a ton of floats with broadways on that board.

Also, as a side note, if we do bet I'd prefer making our bets slightly smaller in a 3-bet pot with 100 BB.
    • Csubakoppanny
      Csubakoppanny
      Bronze
      Hmm thank you!
      You opened my eyes about my sizes... I actually bet 2/3 vs a reg in a single raised and in a 3bp too... so is it a big problem? Is it enough to bet slightly bigger than a half pot in a 3bp?

About the hand: If I'm about to x/c the turn, isn't it better to x/f? Because his float stat isn't that high and assuming that number is in a single rsd pot, he usually will be floating even rarely in 3bet pot. Or is it a bad thought?:)
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Csubakoppanny
      Hmm thank you!
      You opened my eyes about my sizes... I actually bet 2/3 vs a reg in a single raised and in a 3bp too... so is it a big problem? Is it enough to bet slightly bigger than a half pot in a 3bp?

About the hand: If I'm about to x/c the turn, isn't it better to x/f? Because his float stat isn't that high and assuming that number is in a single rsd pot, he usually will be floating even rarely in 3bet pot. Or is it a bad thought?:)
      In 3-bet pots, that are around 100 BB, the SPR so small that you can bet smaller and still achieve the same thing. And for both value and bluffs it works out nicely. For value you can still get all the money in easily and as a bluff you save money when you give up later on (and you keep just about the same FE). Of course there are always exceptions.

As far as the hand goes we could ck/fold but it could be a bit weak given the board texture. I think he is calling a lot on that flop and while A hits a bit of his range he can also have other broadways.
    • Csubakoppanny
      Csubakoppanny
      Bronze
      Thank you!