This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] JJ, 3way vs donk fish, ip

• pokerferrer
      pokerferrer
      Bronze
      BB is a fish: 30/10, 20 hands, AF 0.3. It is his first donkbet of 4 samples. He had fold to cbet 0 of 3 also.
      BTN is a reg.

Hello, what do you think about my line? What about betsizing especially on the turn?
      What if he check-raises on the turn - is it an easy fold for us?

I think his range on the river is most of the time busted draw with a pair. Can we find here a valuebet? I know nothing about his real wts, but he had 4 of 4 which is equal 100% counting this hand.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($35.75)
      BB ($25)
      UTG ($38.68)
      Hero ($27.58)
      CO ($40.29)
      BTN ($25.78)

Dealt to Hero J:diamond: J:heart:

fold, Hero raises to $0.75, fold, BTN calls $0.75, fold, BB calls $0.50

FLOP ($2.35) 9:heart: 6:diamond: 8:club:

BB bets $1.50, Hero raises to $3.50, BTN folds, BB calls $2

TURN ($9.35) 9:heart: 6:diamond: 8:club: Q:club:

BB checks, Hero bets $5.75, BB calls $5.75

RIVER ($20.85) 9:heart: 6:diamond: 8:club: Q:club: 3:club:

BB checks, Hero checks ??
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi,

As a general rule of thumb, I would not raise with the intention of folding. But I think the best line here is to raise/fold Flop and bet/fold on Turn and River. This guy is weak and passive in general. I expect him to bet/call with a ton of worse hands, while only 3betting your raise with hands that have JJ crushed.

Flop: raise larger, to 4

Turn: I think you can go slightly larger to 2/3 pot. Queen is not a good card for us, as villain can have JT/QT/QJ, however I just think villain has many pair + draw here like 97 87 67 T9 T8.

River: This is close. On one hand I want to value bet thinly cos he's a donk. On the other hand the river gives him more value hands now. I am also not too sure whether he continues calling 8X here on the River. WTSD would help - With a high WTSD of 35%+ this would definitely be a bet.

Without reads I think you can try going for thin value by betting 1/3 pot on the River. But it's close, don't think checking is that much worse. I would expect us to get called by worse hands around 45-60% of the time on the River.