[NL20-NL50] AA 3bet on K high

• GingerKid
      GingerKid
      Black
      iPoker - $0.50 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: 100 BB (VPIP: 24.40, PFR: 20.80, 3Bet Preflop: 7.83, Hands: 2,536)
      UTG: 161.5 BB (VPIP: 40.00, PFR: 40.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 10)
      MP: 105 BB (VPIP: 25.46, PFR: 21.92, 3Bet Preflop: 9.54, Hands: 2,057)
      Hero (CO): 134.18 BB
      BTN: 104.32 BB (VPIP: 22.85, PFR: 19.69, 3Bet Preflop: 8.46, Hands: 3,723)
      SB: 188.3 BB (VPIP: 18.88, PFR: 11.89, 3Bet Preflop: 3.39, Hands: 148)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A:diamond: A:club:

UTG raises to 2 BB, fold, Hero raises to 7 BB, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls 5 BB

Flop: (15.5 BB, 2 players) 8:diamond: 4:heart: 5:spade:
      UTG checks, Hero bets 10 BB, UTG calls 10 BB

Turn: (35.5 BB, 2 players) K:spade:
      UTG checks, Hero checks

River: (35.5 BB, 2 players) 2:diamond:
      UTG bets 9 BB, Hero raises to 40 BB, UTG calls 31 BB

UTG shows Q:club: Q:diamond: (One Pair, Queens) (Pre 18%, Flop 9%, Turn 5%)
      Hero shows A:diamond: A:club: (One Pair, Aces) (Pre 82%, Flop 91%, Turn 95%)
      Hero wins 109.74 BB

I guess I should 3bet larger at least 8bb since we are > 100bb?

On flop he calls probably overpairs or middle pairs, floats some percantage of time with overcards. When K comes on turn, it is a very scare cards for all PP, and I cant expect him to call me two more streets large bets. So I check back and plan to call big bet on river, or when he checks I bet large. When he bets small I raise because he could call with Kx, but also middle pairs since my line looked as bluff.

I think If I bet bet shove on this board I would get called all 3 streets only vs sets, and I expect middle PP to call only turn and fold river if they are not huge stations. Even in this extreme case where he had QQ I dont think he calls river shove.
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey,

When you say you would only get called by sets when you bet/bet/bet here it makes me think you might not bluff enough on this runout. It's fine if you know that quite certain but you probably are missing a bluff spot here if you assume you get so much credit. Apart from that, I think 8bb makes it better preflop because of the deeper stacks and apart from that, it's well played. My personal preference would be to bet because K is viewed as a scare/barrel card so my bluff range will be larger than value range in their eyes imo so I get less credit instead of more. That depends how you think you are viewed though so it's not the same for everyone.
    • GingerKid
      GingerKid
      Black
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      Hey,

When you say you would only get called by sets when you bet/bet/bet here it makes me think you might not bluff enough on this runout. It's fine if you know that quite certain but you probably are missing a bluff spot here if you assume you get so much credit. Apart from that, I think 8bb makes it better preflop because of the deeper stacks and apart from that, it's well played. My personal preference would be to bet because K is viewed as a scare/barrel card so my bluff range will be larger than value range in their eyes imo so I get less credit instead of more. That depends how you think you are viewed though so it's not the same for everyone.
      I am bluffing 3 barrel often, but when I get called it is never middle PP, it is mostly, set, two pair, top pair.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Ah, OK, so you just go high bluff frequency and nothing thinner since they don't call worse at all. Got it! Yep your play is fine then, you also protect your range a bit when you 3bet a hand like T8s, you get called, cbet flop and check back that turn, you are not as weak as he expects.