SB checks, Hero bets $2.25, SB calls $2.25

RIVER ($9.28) 4:heart: A:club: 5:diamond: 7:club: 6:spade:

SB bets $4.50, Hero folds

SB wins $8.86

Against a 33/20
      AF 4

101 HANDS.

What is your opinion?

What do u see to make a fold or a call EV? Ag frec river higt? higt wwsf?
  • 4 replies
    • alcapone2000
      alcapone2000
      Black
      I dont cbet here and make a very high bet on Turn vs any TurnCard. I give him a chance to hit somethink to pay me out.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

I dont cbet here and make a very high bet on Turn vs any TurnCard. I give him a chance to hit somethink to pay me out.
      I'm don't like this here.

Yeah, this is quite a dry board, but does this mean that we don't have a value range here? I mean, I would probably check something like A2 here, but this is the top of our range here and I think not betting for value here would be a mistake.
      I would like to talk about sizings here - what do you think about betting bigger in this spot? We have a lot of bluffs on this board and we don't really want to give him such a good price to call or to try to outplay us. I am not sure that this should be the plan when playing 20bb deep, but interpreting this from BSS strategy, when we have a lot of bluffs in our range we should considering betting bigger.
      So, having this said, I'd probably go for something like $1.75 on the flop here.

As played on the flop, turn and river look good to me.

I don't really expect this guy to c/c two streets and shove the river with something worse here.
      I would only call if he has a low WTSD and a high river agg here but this needs decent sample size here, and it might not be the best move as well.

Best,
      Plamen
    • Stedyeddy
      Stedyeddy
      Platinum
      Ty both for both evaluations.

Im whit kimupa. I like your plan to banance our range of hand of SV hands and try that the oponent hit something, or do something stupid. Eny way, have a loots of worst hands that I think that could pay me down.

About bet zising, I always see HS players do the same bet zisin, and I dont undersand why. Why dont defend the hand? I dont know, but I like bet bigger flop and bigget turn.
    • alcapone2000
      alcapone2000
      Black
      Originally posted by kymupa
      Hello,

I'm don't like this here.

Yeah, this is quite a dry board, but does this mean that we don't have a value range here? I mean, I would probably check something like A2 here, but this is the top of our range here and I think not betting for value here would be a mistake.

Think Its a mistake just if you play with a regular..

I think balancing vs fishy players is overrated. He will never ckeck that we just betting with air. So why not give him the chance to hit any draw or K,J;Q,T,. If He hit here one of the cards he never fold for one bet, no matter what the size is. So i bet very high.

I would like to talk about sizings here - what do you think about betting bigger in this spot? We have a lot of bluffs on this board and we don't really want to give him such a good price to call or to try to outplay us. I am not sure that this should be the plan when playing 20bb deep, but interpreting this from BSS strategy, when we have a lot of bluffs in our range we should considering betting bigger. I dont play BSS, but i think we do that to get higher payout if we hit the Board. But with 20bb we get all in (river) no matter what the cbet size is.
      So, having this said, I'd probably go for something like $1.75 on the flop here.

I dont like here high cbets on flop because if you bet higher he maybe fold hands like 22+,4x,5x. which he call one bet. We have 100 Hands from this fishy loocking payer, i dont guess that he think we are more bluffing if we bet here higher.

As played on the flop, turn and river look good to me.

I don't really expect this guy to c/c two streets and shove the river with something worse here.
      I would only call if he has a low WTSD and a high river agg here but this needs decent sample size here, and it might not be the best move as well.

Best,
      Plamen