[NL2-NL10] JJ SB very deep

• HrabriLavek
      HrabriLavek
      Bronze
      Villain is 78/11 AF 0.9 / fold to cbet 27 on 11 occasions over 50 hands (first time facing a 3bet)

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.04(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($14.20)
      BB ($4)
      UTG ($4.34)
      UTG+1 ($4)
      UTG+2 ($4.54)
      MP1 ($1.35)
      MP2 ($1.77)
      CO ($3.74)
      BTN ($19.92)

Dealt to Hero J:spade: J:club:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.16, Hero raises to $0.56, fold, BTN calls $0.40

FLOP ($1.16) 6:heart: 3:diamond: 2:club:

Hero bets $0.88, BTN calls $0.88

TURN ($2.92) 6:heart: 3:diamond: 2:club: 8:diamond:

Hero bets $2.78, BTN calls $2.78

RIVER ($8.48) 6:heart: 3:diamond: 2:club: 8:diamond: 2:diamond:

Hero bets $2.52, BTN calls $2.52

BTN shows K:heart: Q:spade: (Pre 44%, Flop 24.7%, Turn 13.6%)Hero shows J:spade: J:club: (Pre 56%, Flop 75.3%, Turn 86.4%)Hero wins $12.85

I saw him betting pot when he has something, likes to call allot and was getting very lucky with his cards on the table, typical loose passive type more or less

I 3bet a bit bigger since we are deep and I was OOP

I bet strong on the flop for value, he is most likely to call with overcards and weaker PP...probably could have and should have potted it.

On the turn I bet near pot for value and protection since the river card could be a bit awkward for me if it comes diamond or some stronger card than J...I still think I am way ahead of him

I dont like the river card, I have built up very big pot but he is very capable of calling with diamonds or 2x, still since he is so wide and he actually open raised preflop I dont think he has hit the board, probably on a weaker PP or broadways that missed (he opened TT for 6bb preflop for example), I decide to go for thin value, will likely get calls from worse since he has put already so much in and if I get raised I can fold here, if I checked I wouldnt feel comfortable calling bigger bets(he is most likely to pot it since he doesnt adjust his bettings) or he can just check behind with weaker cards or air...the fact this pot was big and we were so deep put allot more psychological pressure on me too
  • 1 reply
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey HrabriLavek,

Given your notes on villain this hand is played well.

Usually villain will raise on flop or turn if he has you beat.

River is a bad card but you can still extract thin value from this type of opponent. Facing a river-raise you should fold.