This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] QQ on BU 3way

• HrabriLavek
      HrabriLavek
      Bronze
      UTG is 100/57 AF 1.4 over 7 hands
      MP is 12/10 AF 4.5 over 900 hands

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.04(BB) Replayer
      SB ($3.08)
      BB ($4.08)
      UTG ($3.34)
      UTG+1 ($4.11)
      CO ($4.85)
      Hero ($4)

Dealt to Hero Q:diamond: Q:heart:

UTG raises to $0.08, fold, CO raises to $0.28, Hero calls $0.28, fold, fold, UTG calls $0.20

FLOP ($0.90) J:spade: 9:diamond: 2:club:

UTG bets $0.04, CO calls $0.04, Hero raises to $0.72, UTG calls $0.68, CO folds

TURN ($2.38) J:spade: 9:diamond: 2:club: T:club:

UTG bets $0.04, Hero raises to $2.39, UTG calls $2.30 (AI)

RIVER ($7.06) J:spade: 9:diamond: 2:club: T:club: J:club:

Hero shows Q:diamond: Q:heart: (Pre 85%, Flop 76.2%, Turn 81.8%)UTG shows T:heart: 8:club: (Pre 15%, Flop 23.8%, Turn 18.2%)Hero wins $6.71

I call in position with my QQ, the iso raiser is on tighter side and by calling I can ensure I have the looser player in the pot too.

On the flop I see UTG put a min bet, I think this is most likely some weak blocker bet and he is on a draw, fact that MP is calling here shows to me that he didnt hit the flop either and is ok with seeing the turn card, I raise here for value, expect UTG to continue on with his draws and I hope I will fold out the MP

Not the best card on the turn, but again UTG makes a weak min bet which I think I am still ahead of, so I put him all in to make him pay up whatever he wants to chase before the river card and possible loss of value if he wont hit
  • 1 reply
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey HrabriLavek,

Preflop logic makes sense. CO 3bet is usually pretty strong here and QQ is not necessarily going to be a huge favourite. It's good for you to get better direct preflop odds and play against looser UTG.

Flop raise vs UTG min-bet is good. CO's range is exposed as weak when he calls, usually holds AQ/AK type of hand. Raising to isolate yourself vs UTG is a good option, and you also set up a nice turn shove size.

T is not a great turn card for you, but it's likely villain is not strong when he min-bets and I think your shove is great.