This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 99 SB 6max

• HrabriLavek
      HrabriLavek
      Bronze
      Villain is 28/21 AF 2.1 over 100 hands

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.04(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($8.33)
      BB ($4.07)
      UTG ($4.06)
      UTG+1 ($7.99)
      CO ($8.11)
      BTN ($4)

Dealt to Hero 9:club: 9:heart:

fold, fold, CO raises to $0.16, fold, Hero calls $0.14, fold

FLOP ($0.36) J:club: 8:club: 8:heart:

Hero bets $0.24, CO calls $0.24

TURN ($0.84) J:club: 8:club: 8:heart: 6:heart:

Hero bets $0.60, CO calls $0.60

RIVER ($2.04) J:club: 8:club: 8:heart: 6:heart: A:spade:

Hero checks, CO checks

CO shows K:spade: J:heart: (Pre 45%, Flop 84.0%, Turn 95.5%)Hero shows 9:club: 9:heart: (Pre 55%, Flop 16.0%, Turn 4.5%)CO wins $1.94

I call my 99 on SB

On the flop I think it was very dry and I think he might not have hit the flop that good, so I donked for value

turn wasnt changing much so I barreled again, hoping to fold out his air

on river I checked because I though he probably had an Ax

I think my mistake with this play here is not betting the river, if I already barreled 2 streets, he probably didnt call me with Ax, he probably called with something that hit, A on the river was a perfect card for a bluff to fold out his Jx, QQ and KK maybe....I should have probably just checked the flop and fold if he bets on the turn again...badly played by me :/
  • 1 reply
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop calling is fine.

I don't like donking the flop here. We can hardly get called by worse here, plus there are a lot of turn cards that would be bad for us.

As played on the flop, I think betting the turn again is fine to get value from draws.

On the river we can expect him to fold hands like KK/QQ/TT/Jx so I think we can bet here as a bluff.

Best,
      Plamen