[NL2-NL10] Q2s on SB 6max

• HrabriLavek
      HrabriLavek
      Bronze
      Villain is 36/2 AF 0.4 over 60 hands, his fold to cbet is 63% over 8 occasions

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.04(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($8.85)
      BB ($3.65)
      UTG ($4)
      UTG+1 ($7.99)
      CO ($8.05)
      BTN ($4)

Dealt to Hero Q:heart: 2:heart:

fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.12, BB calls $0.08

FLOP ($0.24) 3:spade: A:heart: 6:heart:

Hero bets $0.12, BB calls $0.12

TURN ($0.48) 3:spade: A:heart: 6:heart: Q:diamond:

Hero bets $0.24, BB calls $0.24

RIVER ($0.96) 3:spade: A:heart: 6:heart: Q:diamond: K:diamond:

Hero checks, BB bets $0.28, Hero folds

BB wins $0.92

I open up my Q2s from SB to take the blinds, he is likely to call and fold on the flop

I bet the flop to get him to fold, A is most likely to hit my open range and also I was on a flush draw so I had some equity here

Q on the turn is a good card for me to barrel again if he was chasing a low straight or had some weaker hands that he wanted to float with

He calls again and I just quit on the river even though his bet is smaller I think I was probably against Ax
  • 1 reply
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey HrabriLavek,

Stealing preflop here is fine vs a high Ftsteal. Opening to steal on flop SBvsBB is not always the greatest option even vs a player with high fold to cbet. The dynamics are different here and you will get called on the flop with a much higher frequency (unless you have specific reads that it is not the case). Often a better SB strategy will be to c/f or fire 2.

Given you flop a flush draw, cbetting is fine, and you should look to barrel most turns. When Qx hits it's fine to barrel. Not technically a pure semi-bluff anymore since worse may call. You could legitimately think about turning your hand into a bluffcatcher + strong draw.

You get a great price on river, folding is likely fine though.