This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Q2s on SB 6max

• HrabriLavek
      HrabriLavek
      Bronze
      Villain is 36/2 AF 0.4 over 60 hands, his fold to cbet is 63% over 8 occasions

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.04(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($8.85)
      BB ($3.65)
      UTG ($4)
      UTG+1 ($7.99)
      CO ($8.05)
      BTN ($4)

Dealt to Hero Q:heart: 2:heart:

fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.12, BB calls $0.08

FLOP ($0.24) 3:spade: A:heart: 6:heart:

Hero bets $0.12, BB calls $0.12

TURN ($0.48) 3:spade: A:heart: 6:heart: Q:diamond:

Hero bets $0.24, BB calls $0.24

RIVER ($0.96) 3:spade: A:heart: 6:heart: Q:diamond: K:diamond:

Hero checks, BB bets $0.28, Hero folds

BB wins $0.92

I open up my Q2s from SB to take the blinds, he is likely to call and fold on the flop

I bet the flop to get him to fold, A is most likely to hit my open range and also I was on a flush draw so I had some equity here

Q on the turn is a good card for me to barrel again if he was chasing a low straight or had some weaker hands that he wanted to float with

He calls again and I just quit on the river even though his bet is smaller I think I was probably against Ax
  • 1 reply
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey HrabriLavek,

Stealing preflop here is fine vs a high Ftsteal. Opening to steal on flop SBvsBB is not always the greatest option even vs a player with high fold to cbet. The dynamics are different here and you will get called on the flop with a much higher frequency (unless you have specific reads that it is not the case). Often a better SB strategy will be to c/f or fire 2.

Given you flop a flush draw, cbetting is fine, and you should look to barrel most turns. When Qx hits it's fine to barrel. Not technically a pure semi-bluff anymore since worse may call. You could legitimately think about turning your hand into a bluffcatcher + strong draw.

You get a great price on river, folding is likely fine though.