SB ($8.45)
      Hero ($4)
      UTG ($4.54)
      UTG+1 ($4.28)
      UTG+2 ($1.92)
      CO ($1.22)
      BTN ($5.24)

Dealt to Hero K:spade: A:club:

fold, fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.20, SB calls $0.18, Hero raises to $0.80, fold, SB calls $0.60

FLOP ($1.80) J:club: J:spade: 9:spade:

SB checks, Hero checks

TURN ($1.80) J:club: J:spade: 9:spade: J:heart:

SB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($1.80) J:club: J:spade: 9:spade: J:heart: K:diamond:

SB checks, Hero bets $0.68, SB folds

Hero shows K:spade: A:club:

Hero wins $1.71

I think BU bet bigger since he knew SB is probably going to call, I wouldnt like to play my AKo 3way so I raised to isolate myself with SB, also I was pretty tight on this table so even reason more for BU to be inclined to fold if he is paying attention to players

SB has 33% fold to cbet over 12 occasions...I know I am probably not going to make him fold out his hand and I wouldnt feel comfortable to start building big pot if I havent hit anything...so I check the flop and also check the turn card, probably not going to get called by worse now here anyway

I bet smaller on river to maybe get a call by his Ax air that feels suspicious or some PP he might had, think bigger bet will probably scare him away more
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Lavek,

Preflop: looks fine, we want to isolate SB

Postflop: With position, overcards and some backdoors we can cbet the flop for thin value (and we wouldn't even mind taking it down).

As played I think that your river bet is fine, to get called by small pairs and Ax.