This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AKo on BB 3bet pot

• HrabriLavek
      HrabriLavek
      Bronze
      BU is 18/16 over 500 hands, fold to 3bet 69% over 13 occasions
      SB is 59/32 AF 1.3 over 130 hands, fold to 3bet 42% over 12 occasions

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.04(BB) Replayer
      SB ($8.45)
      Hero ($4)
      UTG ($4.54)
      UTG+1 ($4.28)
      UTG+2 ($1.92)
      CO ($1.22)
      BTN ($5.24)

Dealt to Hero K:spade: A:club:

fold, fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.20, SB calls $0.18, Hero raises to $0.80, fold, SB calls $0.60

FLOP ($1.80) J:club: J:spade: 9:spade:

SB checks, Hero checks

TURN ($1.80) J:club: J:spade: 9:spade: J:heart:

SB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($1.80) J:club: J:spade: 9:spade: J:heart: K:diamond:

SB checks, Hero bets $0.68, SB folds

Hero shows K:spade: A:club:

Hero wins $1.71

I think BU bet bigger since he knew SB is probably going to call, I wouldnt like to play my AKo 3way so I raised to isolate myself with SB, also I was pretty tight on this table so even reason more for BU to be inclined to fold if he is paying attention to players

SB has 33% fold to cbet over 12 occasions...I know I am probably not going to make him fold out his hand and I wouldnt feel comfortable to start building big pot if I havent hit anything...so I check the flop and also check the turn card, probably not going to get called by worse now here anyway

I bet smaller on river to maybe get a call by his Ax air that feels suspicious or some PP he might had, think bigger bet will probably scare him away more
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Lavek,

Preflop: looks fine, we want to isolate SB

Postflop: With position, overcards and some backdoors we can cbet the flop for thin value (and we wouldn't even mind taking it down).

As played I think that your river bet is fine, to get called by small pairs and Ax.