This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] river bluff

• daisuke3823
      daisuke3823
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

ハンドをプレーする

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)
      Known players:
      BB:
      $44.06
      CO (Hero):
      $25.00
      BU:
      $26.20
      SB:
      $25.54

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, Q.
      Hero raises to $0.60, BU folds, SB calls $0.50, BB folds.

Flop: ($1.45) 3, 7, 4 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.90, SB calls $0.90.

Turn: ($3.25) 7 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($3.25) T (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2.50, SB calls $2.50.

Final Pot: $8.25.

78 hands vpip16 pfr13 wtsd33

should I just give up after flop CB?
  • 7 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi

Give up flop cos villain is tight (pf range weighted towards pocketpairs) and because u have no backdoors.

Turn is bad cos it paired so u are not folding anything.
    • pokerferrer
      pokerferrer
      Bronze
      Yeah, bluff is awful vs such player. Also you have some weak showdown value which is reason for checking.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      I have an exercise for u. Guess villains preflop range here and see how often he is folding on the flop.

Open pokerstove and look at the % of hands played. Unclick the hands u think he is folding. Look at the new number and find out your fold equity.
    • daisuke3823
      daisuke3823
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      Hi

Give up flop cos villain is tight (pf range weighted towards pocketpairs) and because u have no backdoors.

Turn is bad cos it paired so u are not folding anything.

check fold on the flop?
      why he wont fold if turn is paired?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      What do u think his calling range on the flop is?
      What do u think he folds on the turn vs a 2nd bet?

Compare his flop and turn range. See the difference in % range and find out your fold equity.

I really recommend doing exercises instead of blindly following forum advice. You will realize for yourself why this is such a big mistake to bet the turn.

Remeber when u bet 2/3 pot u are risking 2 to win 5. Therefore u need 40% fold equity.
    • daisuke3823
      daisuke3823
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      What do u think his calling range on the flop is?
      What do u think he folds on the turn vs a 2nd bet?

Compare his flop and turn range. See the difference in % range and find out your fold equity.

I really recommend doing exercises instead of blindly following forum advice. You will realize for yourself why this is such a big mistake to bet the turn.

Remeber when u bet 2/3 pot u are risking 2 to win 5. Therefore u need 40% fold equity.

his flop range is AQ,KQs,77~JJ.
      and nothing is changed on the turn so I think turn bet is worthless and if I want to bet,I think I would need triple barrel
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Maybe he 3bets aq and jj pre but hes tight so i think he could show up with those.

I think you are on the right track next step is to realize that since your flop fold equity isnt too high, u sbould not cbet aq withot a spade in the first place. If you turn a spade with a spade, you can 3barrel to rep the flush. Wih your spades, its less likely that your opponent has a flush.

What could a nit have pre? Mostly suited broadways. If u have As or Qs he cant have stuff like AsTs AsQs KsQs QsTs QsJs AsJs