Which raise do you respect more?

• Poll
    • Is snap raise scarier or raise where villain takes time before raising

A long wait before raising is scarier
        Snap Raise is scarier
      Total: 41 Votes
    • timukasr
      This might help me and everyone else to make some timing bluffs, because the results should be avarage poker players opinnion. Is snap raise more scarier or raise where villain takes time before raising.
  • 7 replies
    • Backcushion
      Snap raise in my opinion,since it makes me think villian has so good hand that he doesn't care about any bets or next community card.
    • Cmizzie
      Snap raise usually makes for a snap fold.

Long think gives the impression that... well, the guy needs to actually think it true IF he is gonna raise at all. This could mean either that he got the best possible hand, and is just messing with you, OR it could mean that he barely has a hand, but want to bluff you out of the pot.
      In the snap raise scenario, there's no thinking involved. Or so it appears.

In truth? It shouldn't matter. If the opponent picks up that you use his timing as a cue for your decision making, you give them something to use against you. So personally, I don't factor it in.

(And I think my opinion here might count as 'average' at best, so it's representative for you poll ;) )
    • CoreySteel
      If I have a monster (nuts), I always wait for a raise. I have a feeling that people tends to make more calls then.

So I'd pick second option.
    • Tosh5457
      Snap raises are scarier, especially among bad players. I swear I took the stack frm a good player just because I took all my time on the 3 streets to bet, he called me down with middle pair :D
    • opal99
      12 to 11 so far.. we're not helping you :D
    • CyaET
      it completly depends on the situation and who makes the raise
    • justkyle88
      Originally posted by CyaET
      it completly depends on the situation and who makes the raise
      I totally agree.
      The other day I had been playing in a 3 day tournament and I had been at this guys table for about 5 hours, we hadn't clashed and then we got seperated.
      Later on in the day he came back to my table and after an hour or so we finally clashed.
      He raised 4 times the blind which would of consumed about 1/2 of my stack.
      and I finally woke up with A,A.
      I sat in the tank for about 2 mins, counting my chips, sorting out my options and I made it very clear I was doing so, and then i shoved, he snap called with 10's.
      (ALL PRE-FLOP)

I think a snap raise/all-in is much scarier than a paused raise/all-in.

Both raises can be portrayed as a bluff or a strong hand but it all depends what your reads are on the person and what past situations you have encounted with that person.