Just Joined

• 8 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey there PFPRlakeisha,

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com!

How are you finding site so far? Are you able to make your way around OK? You've been playing poker for 2 months but why are you still basic? :O

Have you not taken our quiz to get yourself some free poker money and bronze status? You definitely should!

So what poker have you been playing the last two months then? Hope you've been winning lots of $$$$?

Gary
    • PFPRlakeisha
      PFPRlakeisha
      Bronze
      The site is awesome thank you and I don't find it difficult to find my way through. I'm still basic because I've only been playing 2 months, that too around 3/4 times a week. Not a regular player. I have started play-money though.

I took your quiz and passed but since I didn't know that the bonus expires in 14 days, I failed to utilize it :( No big deal though, I'm glad I have my strategy right! Also, I'm not sure if real-money poker is legal in my city...can't take chances :)

I've been playing NLHE and I pretty much love the game :) No, haven't really tried real-money yet!

Thank you for the warm welcome!
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Thank you for the very kind words about our site :) It's always really nice to read some positive feedback!

Whereabouts in the world are you from then?

I played a lot of play-money poker at the very beginning of my poker career! I played tournaments though and not cash :) Many an hour I spent playing MTTs and it was great enjoyment whilst I was learning but there is a huge difference between play-money and real-money now :(
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      welcome to our community! :)

Please reply to this ticket and your free money should be on it's way to your poker room account!

Good luck!
      Ingrid
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Great news!
    • PFPRlakeisha
      PFPRlakeisha
      Bronze
      Yes obviously, there's lots of difference between play-money and real-money also the un-fateful Black Friday seems to have rocked the poker world. Things are no longer the same anymore; that's what I hear though. I am currently residing in Bangalore, but am originally a Brit :) I have not heard anyone playing poker in Bangalore so I wasn't really worried about the bonus. Rather be safe than to have to undergo legal issues :)

What are your takes on Black Friday? I'm only asking because you're an experienced player...have you experienced any major downswings?

I hear a lot of people who forfeit large amounts of cash and I can't help but wonder how they can cope up! Fortunately, I have never experienced any downswings and hope not to ever!
    • gavinonymous
      gavinonymous
      Bronze
      I hope that online poker becomes crazy popular in India. There needs to be a bollywood version of Rounders made.
    • PFPRlakeisha
      PFPRlakeisha
      Bronze
      You bet gavinonymous!

People here probably don't know how to play online however, they do play home games. I also haven't seen active poker threads in India...recently I heard there was a guy earning like $2k per month in India by playing poker online. His exclusive interview was to follow but that never happened...

The bad thing is that these days, people prefer not to share their success stories, thinking that the others might overtake them and reach higher levels...its a sad fact :)

But I do hope that poker becomes popular in India so that Bollywood can finally take the back seat!