This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50 22 set

• AchillesBG
      AchillesBG
      Gold
      Prima, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

UTG: $109.74 (219.5 bb)
      MP: $49.25 (98.5 bb)
      CO: $52.12 (104.2 bb)
      BTN: $52.39 (104.8 bb)
      Hero (SB): $50.75 (101.5 bb)
      BB: $62.96 (125.9 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 2:club: 2:heart:
      2 folds, CO raises to $1.50, BTN folds, Hero calls $1.25, BB calls $1

Flop: ($4.50) 9:diamond: 2:spade: 8:heart: (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $1, CO raises to $5, Hero calls $5, BB folds

Turn: ($15.50) Q:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $8.50, Hero calls $8.50

River: ($32.50) 6:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

CO loose aggressive and BB was a fish over a small sample. => i decided to call preflop, because the fish will often come along.

On the flop, i thought about leading, but the board was dry, so i decided to go for ch/c flop and lead most turns if the fish calls.

After the fish donked and CO raised, i think just calling is best to keep the fish in.

This turn was not very good, because JT got there and i`m don`t think that a weaker hand will call a shove, so i decided to call again and decide on the river?
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: Without the Fish here I would usually fold.

Flop: I think checking is a mistake. Just lead out for value. The flop isnt one which will be bluffed at too often and if it gét checked around we could potentially lose a street of value (the 3rd bet usually comprises 60-70% of the overall value you get from someone, assuming you have the nuts and get called by worse for three streets.

Turn: I agree it's really hard to get called by worse given 3way dynamic, at the same time i think using a set as a bluff catcher seems pretty weak. but the 2nd option seems like the better one