This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] [Fullring] NL10 KQo

• SepOwnage
      SepOwnage
      Bronze
      Defending my blind. His att to steal was only 30, but his fold to 3bet was 5/6 so I went for the resteal.
      I made midpair on the flop. I thought the ace and queen hit his range pretty well and that he wasn't likely to fold to a cbet. His AF was 11 so he'd probably fire if I checked. If I just called he would probably bet on the turn and river too, and I could lose a lot of money if he had an ace. So I thought check/raising would be nice because he'd fold everything but aces so that if he would call or raise, I could safely fold.
      Is this the correct reasoning?

PartyGaming - $0.10 NL - Holdem - 7 players

BTN: 101.7 BB (VPIP: 12.02, PFR: 7.10, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 184)
      Hero (BB): 109.2 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Q:diamond: K:club:

fold, fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to 3 BB, fold, Hero raises to 9 BB, BTN calls 6 BB

Flop: (18.5 BB, 2 players) 3:heart: A:club: Q:spade:
      Hero checks, BTN bets 10 BB, Hero raises to 30 BB, fold
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Sep,

Preflop: looks fine but I'd 3-bet to 10-12 BB OOP.

Postflop: The ck/raise make only worse hands fold and better continue.

The worse hands that would fold to a ck/raise also fold to a cbet which is much cheaper. The only benefit that I see for a ck/raise is that we can make some extra money from him betting a lot of hands as a bluff. But then we could just bluffcatch because we actually have decent showdown value and there's no value in a raise nor can we bluff with it (we can just try to steal the pot now and make it easier).

By default, without anymore info I would just cbet/fold this flop. It makes our hand much easier to play.