iPoker Introduces Anonymous Cash Game Tables

• MJPerry
      MJPerry
      Bronze

The iPoker network now gives players the option to play heads-up, 6-max or full ring No-Limit Hold'em at anonymous tables on certain rooms, where all players compete against one another under default screen names.

Players at the iPoker network (which includes our eight partner poker rooms) will have the option of playing completely anonymously on certain rooms from today.

The new Anonymous tables offer you the chance to hide yourself from all other players. This way, your opponents will not be able to see your nickname, avatar, or get any information on your playing style via tracking software.

These tables can be found in iPoker client lobbies under "All Tables" by selecting to show "Anonymous" tables on your ring game filters. All Anonymous tables are titled "Anonymous" followed by numerals, and are indicated by a mask icon:

For the initial launch, these tables are only available for No-Limit Hold'em cash games at the following stakes:

Blinds Currency Gametype
      $0.10/$0.20 - $100/$200
      All Heads-Up
      $0.10/$0.20 - $100/$200 All 6-max
      $0.10/$0.20 - $1/$2 USD only
      Full ring

Not all iPoker rooms currently have Anonymous tables enabled, but we will bring you more information as we have it.

An example of Anonymous tables in the lobby at Titan Poker
  • 13 replies
    • dogma18
      dogma18
      Bronze
      If i remember right, is it ipoker that has segregated player pools?

I imagine they will try to promote anonymous tables a lot so that players can be segregated without them knowing, just a thought.
    • GetARealJob
      GetARealJob
      Bronze
      can i use holdem manager during the game?
      i mean obv before iv played any hands with them on that table my hem stats will not appear. But say iv played 25 hands on the table will my hem show 25 hands for each player on my hud?
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      I like this change as I like anon tabes. Seems like Ladbrokes upcoming move to iPoker influence here.

Originally posted by dogma18
      If i remember right, is it ipoker that has segregated player pools?

I imagine they will try to promote anonymous tables a lot so that players can be segregated without them knowing, just a thought.
      First time I hear that. I know Party and some other crappy network did this but not iPoker.

Originally posted by GetARealJob
      can i use holdem manager during the game?
      i mean obv before iv played any hands with them on that table my hem stats will not appear. But say iv played 25 hands on the table will my hem show 25 hands for each player on my hud?
      Given that tables have their own unique ID HUD should be working fine same way as it works on anon tables on other networks.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Good move I think!

Well done iPoker!
    • amater0001
      amater0001
      Bronze
      If I were in their shoes I'd definitely do the same.
      Its much better for recreational players who mostly don't use HM/PT.
    • Phoenix2104
      Phoenix2104
      Bronze
      That's the way to go imo and not segregating players according to their win rate. Much more fair play this way.
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      ipoker is not segregating their player pool by winrate but by rooms. And only up to 200nl.
      Anonymous tables is a pain as traffic isn't that great so even less tables to choose the fish from X(
    • MasochisticDesire
      MasochisticDesire
      Bronze
      Merely the opinion of an irregular online player here but it seems to me that changes like this are integral to the continuation of the poker economy;
      'Fish' need to at least believe they have a chance of beating this game and they will loose slower vs players without hh's on them.
      Making poker more appealing to the recreational players and their numbers increase = good for the game and the only way to ensure the continuation of online poker being profitable (both for players and businesses.)

I think it is a positive step in the right direction but think they should go even further and provide tables where no HUD is allowed at all.
      As I suggested above, I am not especially up to date with online poker developments nor an authority on what has passed, do these already exist?
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MasochisticDesire
      Merely the opinion of an irregular online player here but it seems to me that changes like this are integral to the continuation of the poker economy;
      'Fish' need to at least believe they have a chance of beating this game and they will loose slower vs players without hh's on them.
      Making poker more appealing to the recreational players and their numbers increase = good for the game and the only way to ensure the continuation of online poker being profitable (both for players and businesses.)

I think it is a positive step in the right direction but think they should go even further and provide tables where no HUD is allowed at all.
      As I suggested above, I am not especially up to date with online poker developments nor an authority on what has passed, do these already exist?
      Microgaming introduced such tables like a week ago or so. Pretty annoying to multitable but recreational player seem to like it so I'm fine with them.
    • kenpo189
      kenpo189
      Bronze
      I think that this could be a great chance to improve the ABC game, actually the ABC game is IMO tha fundamental baseline to improve the pokerstrategy because it leads you to play straight forward expecting winning money.

The first time that rush and zoom appeared, was highly profitable than today IMO.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      where no HUD is allowed at all

How they will check if u are using hud or not? Unless they will not provide even hand histories.

But I don't think removing hud is ok. Part of table could be, but not all. So people can chose what they like. And if there is 4 regs, and one fish, vs regs there is small edge or not at all, while with hud you at least have a chance to find edge.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c

How they will check if u are using hud or not? Unless they will not provide even hand histories.
      They removed unique table ID's so the hud can't differ which table is which and doesn't show stats.
    • MasochisticDesire
      MasochisticDesire
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c

But I don't think removing hud is ok. Part of table could be, but not all. So people can chose what they like. And if there is 4 regs, and one fish, vs regs there is small edge or not at all, while with hud you at least have a chance to find edge.
      It is certainly a radical change but one that I think will become more and more necessary. As you say however, you would offer both as an option and HuD enabled tables would gradually become harder and harder to beat as all the recreational players played HuDless tables and slowly brought the regs to them and then it is on us to adjust again to the change in format.

Again, just opinion here and I don't pretend to have the knowledge of the industry to predict where these sorts of changes would eventually lead us but I remain optimistic as I do believe that something needs to change if online poker is to countinue to grow.

MD