This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl10 99

• tommygecko
      tommygecko
      Bronze
      Pacific, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BB): $10.54 (105.4 bb)
      MP: $12.62 (126.2 bb)
      CO: $17.44 (174.4 bb)
      BTN: $10 (100 bb)
      SB: $10.75 (107.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9 9
      MP folds, CO raises to $0.30, BTN calls $0.30, SB folds, Hero calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.95) J K 2 (3 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($0.95) 4 (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.47, CO folds, BTN calls $0.47

River: ($1.89) J (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Results:
      $1.89 pot ($0.09 rake)
      Final Board: J K 2 4 J
      Hero showed 9 9 and won $1.80 ($1.03 net)
      BTN showed 3 5 and lost (-$0.77 net)

CO is a TAG reg. BU is abit fishy with 30 VPIP. I don't want to 3bet here because I think I will have very little fold equity from BU and I hate to play mid PPs OOP.

Flop: My initial plan was to check/fold. Because the K and J hits CO's range very well and possibly much of BU's range. I felt that if they're betting here it's only with some sort of made hand. Perhaps QT might bet but it has alot of equity vs my 99.

Turn: When they both check I expect both of them to miss the K, maybe J and they could have lots of low PPs so I bet for value. I was going to fold to any raise.

River: After he calls and the J pairs I'm expecting BU to not bet any hand weaker than a K on the river and I would be happy to get a free showdown. If he bets super small like less than 1/4 pot I think I would call but any bigger I would just fold.
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Tommy,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: Our plan to ck/fold is a sound one and usually our best bet OOP to two guys.

As played I would bet the turn larger to take the pot down. I really doubt that you have a lot of value (if any) from a third pair there.

And the river is a check/fold unfortunately.