This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 KJo

• tommygecko
      tommygecko
      Bronze
      Pacific, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BB): $11.62 (116.2 bb)
      UTG: $12.61 (126.1 bb)
      MP: $16.73 (167.3 bb)
      CO: $19.10 (191 bb)
      BTN: $10.52 (105.2 bb)
      SB: $10.98 (109.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K J
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.20, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.45) J 9 K (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: ($0.45) 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.40, CO calls $0.40

River: ($1.25) T (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, CO calls $0.50

Results:
      $2.25 pot ($0.11 rake)
      Final Board: J 9 K 3 T
      Hero showed K J and won $2.14 ($1.04 net)
      CO showed T 7 and lost (-$1.10 net)

Villain is 49/19 fish. Only min raises preflop.

Post Flop: He cbets 80% so my plan was to c/r and fold to a 3bet (Not sure if villain will 3bet K9 or J9 or worse) If he checks behind I was going to bet close to pot on the turn to get max value from his draws, PPs, Jx hands. If he raises small I would call to see if I can fill up on the river. If he raises like 5 to 6x my bet its definitely a fold for me. River is a terrible card. I think bet/fold is the best option. I bet rather small so that he can still call with worse and I don't expect him to bluff on this board.
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Tommy,

Preflop: looks fine but versus big fish we can also 3-bet preflop for thin value/isolation.

Postflop: As played the river card is bad and all draws get there. There are so many hands that can check flop, call turn that beat us that I don't think that we even have a vbet. At best it's very thin but if he can play weaker Kx like this then I guess it's ok.
    • tommygecko
      tommygecko
      Bronze
      So river is c/f? I felt that villain is very capable of bluffing vs a check on the river which would have left me unsure. But had I bet instead I don't think he will attempt to bluff.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by tommygecko
      So river is c/f? I felt that villain is very capable of bluffing vs a check on the river which would have left me unsure. But had I bet instead I don't think he will attempt to bluff.
      Your bet is so small that I feel he can still bluff.

What hands would you see him bluffing if we checked though? Would he turn a pair into a bluff? All draws got there.