[NL20-NL50] NL20 SH KJs

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Prima, $0.10/$0.20 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $22.99 (115 bb)
      Hero (UTG): $21.38 (106.9 bb)
      MP: $20.30 (101.5 bb)
      CO: $19.20 (96 bb)
      BTN: $9.30 (46.5 bb)
      SB: $20 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K J
      Hero raises to $0.60, 2 folds, BTN calls $0.60, 2 folds

Flop: ($1.50) J Q 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $1, Hero calls $1

Turn: ($3.50) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $2.80, Hero calls $2.80

River: ($9.10) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $4.90 and is all-in, Hero calls $4.90

Results:
      $18.90 pot ($0.94 rake)
      Final Board: J Q 7 Q K
      Hero showed K J and lost (-$9.30 net)
      BTN showed Q 8 and won $17.96 ($8.66 net)

29/29 8 hands

If I cbet, I get thin value, and with such equity I think I can c/c and get value from all bluffs. If he checks back, I can bet turn and river.

Is river call ok? I thinked I cannot get out once hitting and for such odds. But 3 bluffs that he makes is also not that likely. So maybe I am beat on river most of time by striaghs, flushes, Qx?
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Speed,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: Since we know nothing about villain I can't see how we can profitably play the check/call game here (or at least more profitable than simply betting out).

Normally we make adjustments to our "standard" lines when we have information about the opponent but here we have none. So I would still just bet out.

As played the river is closer to a fold imo. I can't see what bluffs AI for half pot. We only beat a bluff there and there aren't that many that would take such a line.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      I think most players bet in position, even lot of fish unless they are really passive. 29/29 at least preflop he is not looking passive so far.

So thats why I assumed I will not miss anything by checking.

If I would hold the nuts, then easily I can agree that I might miss value.

Or you think that unknonw opponents not bet often or what is the reason that you don't like c/c line vs unknowns?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      I think most players bet in position, even lot of fish unless they are really passive. 29/29 at least preflop he is not looking passive so far.

So thats why I assumed I will not miss anything by checking.

If I would hold the nuts, then easily I can agree that I might miss value.

Or you think that unknonw opponents not bet often or what is the reason that you don't like c/c line vs unknowns?
      I don't think we should make assumptions of his postflop play from just 8 hands. That's him raising 2 hands almost (I'm not sure how you got 29% unless its over 7 hands).

A lot of the weaker hands that we'd get value from may check behind (like pairs and draws) and we don't really know how to continue on later streets (like in this example). Plus we don't even mind cbetting and getting it in on the flop.