[NL20-NL50] NL20 SH A3s bluffcatch A high

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Prima, $0.10/$0.20 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 4 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $20 (100 bb)
      BB: $12.91 (64.6 bb)
      CO: $14.46 (72.3 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $20.30 (101.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with A 3
      CO folds, Hero raises to $0.40, SB folds, BB calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.90) Q T Q (2 players)
      BB bets $1.20, Hero calls $1.20

Turn: ($3.30) 2 (2 players)
      BB bets $1.20, Hero raises to $18.70 and is all-in, BB folds

Results:
      $5.70 pot ($0.28 rake)
      Final Board: Q T Q 2
      BB mucked and lost (-$2.80 net)
      Hero mucked A 3 and won $5.42 ($2.62 net)

33/4, ag. fr 88 (16), 24h

He is very agro so far and this overbet is Qx or bluff I think. But with Q he often would wait for cbet.
      I have sd value and backdoor fd so decided to call.

Turn not sure. If assume I have sd value, I could just call, but in case he has bluff with better ace, I better make it fold.
      Also in case I am mistaken and he has PP, its also good if he folds it. ANd also if he folds his FD if, its also good to fold his equity.

The problem is that bluff might be too expensive. I did not want to raise/fold, what if he decideds to shove a draw? Actually its even better, so now I think raise call is better than such big raise. With small rasie I will make fold PPs and better aces anyway.
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Speed,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: I agree with your flop call here. That overbet is usually nothing and maybe at best a pair looking for some protection.

As played I don't think that we need to shove there. Raising smaller and calling off is perfectly fine. A shove is only good if we can expect a lot of better hands to fold to it while they wouldn't fold to a smaller raise.

Villain has about $10 left so making it something like $4.5 should be enough. We want him shoving worse draws and there are plenty.