This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL20 AK Trips in 4b pot

• AchillesBG
      AchillesBG
      Silver
      Prima, $0.10/$0.20 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $20 (100 bb)
      SB: $25.36 (126.8 bb)
      BB: $21.82 (109.1 bb)
      Hero (UTG): $20.84 (104.2 bb)
      MP: $20 (100 bb)
      CO: $52.95 (264.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A:club: K:diamond:
      MP posts BB OOP, Hero raises to $0.80, 2 folds, BTN raises to $2.20, 2 folds, Hero raises to $5, BTN calls $2.80

Flop: ($10.50) T:diamond: K:spade: K:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $7, Hero ($15)?

Unknown.

I like to check in these spots, to get value from his hands that will fold to Cbet. If he check back the turn, i can easily get the money on the turn and the river.

i usually check, click the time bank and then call to let them bluff. However, when he bets so big, perhaps a shove is better, because he might call with AQ/AJ, because of the pot odds and he probably won`t bluff the turn with 8$ left into pot of 24$?
  • 4 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey,

Just call imo.. there are almost no scare cards if he wants to thinly vbet against you plus his bluffs spew it in almost always.. This is a bit paranoid thinking from me since very often when I do think they are commited and ship it in I still get a fold when they get sick pot odds. Apart from that, his flop sizing is showing of a poor postflop approach in 4bet pots. He should bet about $3 there whether it's value or bluff.
    • AchillesBG
      AchillesBG
      Silver
      I did call and he checked the turn and folded the river. After that, i was wondering if shoving the flop is better.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AchillesBG
      I did call and he checked the turn and folded the river. After that, i was wondering if shoving the flop is better.
      What was the turn and river? If they weren't scare cards, he probably just spewed some on the flop and gave up.. I doubt he folded any remotely good hand.
    • AchillesBG
      AchillesBG
      Silver
      Turn 2s and river 2d. (not the scariest cards :D )