$14.77
      MP3:
      $25.00
      CO:
      $25.25
      BU:
      $31.69

Preflop: Hero is BB with T, K.
      3 folds, BU raises to $0.50, SB folds, Hero calls $0.25.

Flop: ($1.1) Q, 3, 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.75, Hero calls $0.75.

Turn: ($2.6) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $2.25, Hero raises to $6.00, BU raises to $30.44, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $8.6.

35 hands  vpip41 pfr38 wtsd38 open from BU 100  flop CB60  turn 100  

I bluff raised on the turn with gutshot .I should not do this against players who I dont know much?
      his hand is set,and Q pair?
  • 6 replies
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      pre flop - call is fine we are ahead of his range

flop - we could consider a check raise here or call and plan to check raise turns or bet rivers if he checks turn since his range is weak and we can take him off hands.

turn - check raising here is fine, his range is wide and i expect him to fold but once he calls im not bluffing since he likes to see showdowns. when he raises over I'm guessing its usually 2p sets or better.

cgf
    • daisuke3823
      daisuke3823
      Bronze
      I think flop check raise is easier,but when I have 33,99set for example,I usually check raise on the turn so I did it on the turn,
      check raise on the flop is better since its cheaper?
    • daisuke3823
      daisuke3823
      Bronze
      I think flop check raise is easier,but when I have 33,99set for example,I usually check raise on the turn so I did it on the turn,
      check raise on the flop is better since its cheaper?
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      His button range is weak so I think check raise on flop is better because most of the time I'll expect him to check back the turn.And if he does bet the turn his range would be stronger tthan his betting range on the flop.

And he's not thinking so much about when or what you are check raising with. He is probably looking at his hand and thinks he has no pair or A high so he folds or he has a pair and decides to call.

Cgf
    • daisuke3823
      daisuke3823
      Bronze
      if I check raise on the flop,and if this turn card comes ,I bet on the turn as well,and if I dont hit on the river,its check fold?
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      this turn card isn't good for our range and does'nt help him too, he could call pairs and some draws that could potentially fold the turn so we could bet this turn with the plan of betting some rivers. I dont mind checking too since i dont think too much of the hands he called flop with would fold (gutshots might call or fold, top pair would call, 2nd pair might fold).

If the turn was something that strengthed our range like JKA i would prefer betting that.

if we bet the turn, on the river ill shove on J and K for value and A as a bluff i think he could fold most of his hands by then if he sees JK or A that weakens his range further and strengthens ours