[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Jj

• tommygecko
      Pacific, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $11.03 (110.3 bb)
      UTG: $10 (100 bb)
      MP: $9.90 (99 bb)
      CO: $10.51 (105.1 bb)
      BTN: $4.18 (41.8 bb)
      Hero (SB): $10.20 (102 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J J
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, BB raises to $0.90, Hero calls $0.60

Flop: ($1.80) 9 4 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $1.35, Hero calls $1.35

Turn: ($4.50) 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks

River: ($4.50) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.55, BB folds

$4.50 pot ($0.22 rake)
      Final Board: 9 4 2 2 J
      BB mucked and lost (-$2.25 net)
      Hero mucked J J and won $4.28 ($2.03 net)

Villain doesn't 3bet too much overall but sample is small and at these stakes they probably 3bet wider than just QQ+, AK. I feel that JJ is too weak to 4bet for value vs a small 3bet range and too strong to fold if he has a wider range than QQ+, AK (it's bvb too so more likely he has a wider range)

Flop is good with no overcards. Plan is to c/c here I believe he's going to cbet alot on such boards even with broadway hands. I think raising will only isolate myself vs QQ+ mostly.

Turn is c/c a good plan? 2 is a blank and I don't expect villain to continue barreling broadways and flush draws. But he may have some bluffs in his range which may just give up on the river.

River I think leading out small is best. AhJh will most likely call and QQ+ too (If he's passive enough to check behind on the turn). I don't think villain will value bet these hands anyway and a small bet could induce a bluff though unlikely.
  • 3 replies
    • kymupa

I think our hand is good enough to 4bet preflop in this spot.

As played, check/calling the flop looks fine. What I'm concerned about is his rather big sizing, but some players do tend to bet bigger even in 3bet pots.

As played, I would check/call the turn as well. He could still bet FDs/TT and some bluffs as well.

I don't mind betting the river, but if we bet we should bet around $2.5. I doubt this is going to change his calling range but by betting $2.5 we are going to win more money.
      The other option is check/raising if you think he's not bluff catching with some A high or so.

• tommygecko
      If we 4bet and get 5bet shoved. It's a fold?

And if he does call its a shove on this flop right?
    • kymupa
      If we are going to fold to a 5bet, then there's no point in 4betting this in the first place.
      Usually, JJ is good enough to go broke in a BvB spot.

If we get called, I would cbet around 1/3 pot on the flop (standard sizing) and shove the turn.