This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Tt .

• tommygecko
      tommygecko
      Bronze
      Pacific, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP: $14.63 (146.3 bb)
      BB: $16.57 (165.7 bb)
      CO: $10 (100 bb)
      BTN: $6.39 (63.9 bb)
      Hero (SB): $10 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T T
      MP folds, CO folds, BTN raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $1.20, BB folds, BTN calls $0.90

Flop: ($2.50) J 9 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.77, BTN calls $1.77

Turn: ($6.04) 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($6.04) 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $1.71, Hero calls $1.71

Results:
      $9.46 pot ($0.47 rake)
      Final Board: J 9 9 3 2
      BTN showed K Q and lost (-$4.68 net)
      Hero showed T T and won $8.99 ($4.31 net)

Preflop I raise for value. Villain has reggy/taggy stats but small sample. He likely has a wide range here. When he calls I think its mostly suited broadways, AT+, PPs.

Flop I cbet to get values from smaller PPs and draws and get villain to fold out his equity from his AQ+, KQ type of hands. I think I bet a little too big though.

Turn I choose to c/f I don't think any worse hand will call my 2nd barrel. Jx, 9x hands will bet here for value and other worse hands won't I think.

River I check for a free showdown. I'm not sure about his small bet here. I believe Jx, 9x will bet the turn. So he likely has a missed straight draw, some air which made a weird float on the flop (unlikely), completed FD. Maybe its c/f in most cases but I felt that some draws missed and maybe he bluffed because he sensed weakness from my passive lines on turn and river.
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Flop: Half pot if you want to bet. But this board is ugly for 88/77/66 here. If the board double-pairs, those hands will be counterfeited (which is why he would often be folding thóse hands).

As such I think I prefer c/c here. If board is J92 it would make more sense to c/c.

As played you have to call the river.