IPoker Network $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 4 players - View hand 2166821
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BB: $10.45 - VPIP: 38, PFR: 13, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 8
      CO: $5.93 - VPIP: 40, PFR: 31, 3B: 27, AF: 0.0, Hands: 48
      BTN: $10.10 - VPIP: 13, PFR: 13, 3B: 5, AF: 0.0, Hands: 53
      Hero (SB): $14.40 - VPIP: 20, PFR: 17, 3B: 8, AF: 3.1, Hands: 62895

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is SB with K :diamond: J :club:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, BB calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.60) T :diamond: A :club: 6 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.45, BB calls $0.45

Turn: ($1.50) 3 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.20, BB folds
  • 9 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      your thoughts?

at a glance don't think i really like it
    • ezeras
      ezeras
      Bronze
      He wouldn't fold to my cbet on flop with a Tx and Ax for sure. He would call with a draw, he would raise with a monster. He wouldn't expect us to bluff again and would fold Tx, call Ax and draws. On river we check/fold and when checked we are sometimes good enough to win with K high because of uncomleted draws ( I don't think he could bluff with busted draws because I have quite wide calling range and we showed strenght). So we beat busted draws and Tx but lose to Ax. That is why I think this could be a good bluff.
    • ezeras
      ezeras
      Bronze
      and btw we a have a gutshot :D so I don't think a better hand to cbet as a bluff on the turn
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      looking at it again it looks better now :D thought bb was fishy but could easily still be reggy.

i think it's just the sizing that bothers me a bit, don't think you need to bomb the pot.
      however, since you are betting strong, if he calls i think you should just bomb the river on blanks too. he has like what at best, a medium Ax?

on K/J checkcall should be ok.
    • ezeras
      ezeras
      Bronze
      I think he could call us quite often on blank river because I could have busted draws. Don't even know what he could fold on blank river
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      you are nicely polarized though because your flop+turn sizings also were strong.
      you are saying he won't bluff the river because we looked strong, but you don't want to bluff the river yourself?

tbh though i just don't like to pull these multibarrel bluffs on nl10, you don't really need to since they fold pre and fold flop super often... specially against an unknown that you are not even sure if he's a reg...
      this is def an ok hand to 3barrel with though imo.
    • ezeras
      ezeras
      Bronze
      I think we would be betting on blank river with a monster or with a busted draw and maybe with just air... So I think he would call almost the entire range of his made hands. And again I think he wouldn't try to bluff us because we have too big calling range
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      well whatever, but then i think you should just bet smaller on flop and turn, like 2/3. you'll still get the folds from the hands you want to fold.

when you bet this big you already want to make him fold some Ax imo.
      you are repping a strong range and you are unknown to him too so i think your line "entitles" you to put him to the test by bombing the river.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Turn bet is reasonable with a gutshot. What's the optimal size? 1-1.20 is fine. I prefer 80% pot rather than 50% pot.

Would prefer to have some reads on postflop tendencies b4 barreling Turn with a gutshot vs someone who could be a fish but it's not a big deal and could be standard vs many players.