Dealt to Hero 8:spade: Q:spade:

fold, Hero raises to $0.10, fold, BB calls $0.05

FLOP ($0.22) 2:diamond: 8:club: A:club:

BB checks, Hero bets $0.05, BB calls $0.05

TURN ($0.32) 2:diamond: 8:club: A:club: 2:club:

BB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($0.32) 2:diamond: 8:club: A:club: 2:club: 5:diamond:

BB checks, Hero bets $0.10, BB calls $0.10

cbet turn ? i feel many Calling Stations usually donkbet the flop or c/c e bet the turn with strong hands sometimes
  • 3 replies
    • redskwerl
      i think given how many nopair hands are in your own range, you should probably bet the turn with most/all 8x hands for value.
      they can calll you with 1card flushdraws, K hi, small pp etc.
      checking behind on the turn is okay if you believe they'll bluff blank rivers with way too many hands
    • zereles11
      thanks a lot for the reply :)

he actually had 77 so yeah very possibly i missed that value bet on the turn, i mean i definitely miss it because he has 77 no ideia how many times they have Ax.

Sure would be better to cbet that turn vs player with 0.5 aggr

how about to calculate the % of him having a club ? assuming he calls flop K high and better
    • YohanN7
      I think this is the wrong board to check behind on. There are simply too many hands that you presently beat that have 6 (overs to 8), 9 (all fd), (11/12 fd + 1 over) and even 15 (fd + 2 overs) outs against you. Forgive me if I get a number or two wong above. His outs are plenty anyway.

Ideally, you want sort of a way ahead/way behind situation, or a picked up draw (on turn) with a weak hand when you think you are behind, to check behind. If he likes to bluff river if the turn gets checked, then you have an added bonus.

See also this thread: Checking Behind on the Turn

Edit: Suppose you have Q :spade: Q :heart: on a A :diamond: K :club: 2 :spade: 7 :heart: board in a 3-bet pot. Now he either has you beat, or has at most 5 outs to beat you. In addition, you block many high straights. With this board, a check behind is at least a decent candidate.

More edit: Another candidate: T :diamond: 9 :diamond: on a 7 :spade: K :diamond: A :club: 6 :heart: board in 2-bet pot. I'd sometimes like to take a free card here.

/Johan = :f_confused: