[NL2-NL10] Nl5 Fr - Kk

• JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      No Limit Hold'em $0,02/$0,05
      PokerStars
      9 players
      Formatted by pokercopilot.com - Mac OS X hand history analysis and tracking

Stacks:
      UTG - UTG ($4,27)
      UTG+1 - UTG+1 ($2,97)
      UTG+2 - UTG+2 ($2,00)
      MP - MP ($5,54)
      MP2 - Hero ($5,00)
      CO - CO ($5,78)
      BTN - BTN ($2,42)
      SB - SB ($5,27)
      BB - BB ($4,13)

Preflop: ($0,07, 9 players) Hero is MP2 with K:heart: K:club:
      1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0,05, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0,20, 4 folds, UTG+1 calls $0,15

Flop: 4:spade: 9:club: 3:diamond: ($0,47, 2 players)
      UTG+1 bets $0,35, Hero raises to $1,09, UTG+1 calls $0,74

Turn: A:club: ($2,65, 2 players)
      UTG+1 checks, Hero???

UTG+1 is 40/12

The flop is a pretty std raise imo. But the ace seemed pretty scary, so I'm unsure about what line to take when a scare card like this hit the turn.
  • 3 replies
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      Flop - what do you think he's donking out with? Flop is pretty dry I don't think it hits him and I am expecting to see Alot of weak hands like over cards or weak pairs that would fold to a raise. With KK we are not afraid of many cards here except the A and I would rather call. Of course if we know he's calling a raise wwith what he's donking with then I rather raise for value immediately. In this case however I think the max value linefor oour hand is to bluff catch.

Turn - A is pretty much an action killer. We are not getting value from any worse here so I rather check back here and bluff catch tthe river
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      Well I guess he is betting with pairs 55-88, T9s, J9s, Q9s, K9s I think he is more likely to xr hands like 33-44 that has flopped a set.

By flatting the flop doesn't we turn our hand into a bluff catcher now since we are gonna see a lot cards ott that could give him two pair, and we would have to call to showdown?
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      I think he's donking the flop wider than you think, add over cards 56 for oesd 67 for gutshot that's about right.

And yes we are bluff catching because I don't really see him having Alot on this board. I'll be more inclined to raise if the board offers more draws like 89K or TJ5 more middling cards. I think on such dry boards usually we get more valuefrom bbluff catching than value raising. He usually has 4 outs or less to catch up aand I think we can be comfortable bluff catching with KK. With something weaker like TT I prefer raising because he's more likely to catch up