This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] anon tables nl4 sh AJ BB turn/river dec.

• noulispa
      noulispa
      Bronze
      CO: $4.58 (114.5 bb)
      BTN: $5.07 (126.8 bb) 48/8/fld cbet 100/pf agg 50 44 43/hands 40
      SB: $1.82 (45.5 bb)
      BB: $4.32 (108 bb)
      UTG: $1.81 (45.3 bb)
      MP: $0.72 (18 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A :club: J :spade:
      3 folds, BTN calls $0.04, SB completes, BB raises to $0.22, BTN calls $0.18, SB calls $0.18

not much stats preflop stadar iso for value. But the opp def looks fishy

Flop: ($0.66) Q:heart: J:club: 9:spade: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, BTN checks

on the flop we hit 2nd pair but its not good board to cbet. against 2 opp

Turn: ($0.66) J:heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $0.54, BTN raises to $1.08, SB folds, BB calls $0.54

on the turn we hit trips and i bet for value . When he minraise he looks strong but he can also has worst Jx . Also i think Fh and str8s he would prob bet on the flop so i call.

River: ($2.82) 3:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, BTN bets $3.77 and is all-in, BB calls $3.02 and is all-in

i check with the intention to call a small bet 1/2 pot sth like this. When he push seems really strong i think the best is to fold but i make the hero call. However i dont think that he bets a J like this . What u think ? And what if he bets 1/2 pot ok to call him ?
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Turn: I probably prefer b/c Turn rather than bet/push. I don't think we have value.

River: Nothing has changed. I still think he bets the Turn with the same range. Now the main difference is that our pot odds are worse.

On the Turn, we were getting odds of 54/282 = ~<20%
      On the River we are getting around 34-35%.

Make some assumptions about villain's range, plug the numbers in pokerstrategy equilab, and see whether you have enough to call here. And I will check your assumptions about his range.
    • noulispa
      noulispa
      Bronze
      Hey. I give him this range 99,KTs,J9s+,T8s,KTo,J8o+,T8o which is strong cause i dont think he got KQ type hands on the river. and we got 15 % .

I am not sure about J8 but he open limp pre so maybe ok . BUt anyhow i see that i get prretty bad odds. Also when i was playing i thougth that i beat some Jx but now i see that there arent many..

So ok the range i gave him or he is prob looser but even though if we give him some AQ KQ type hands we go to 30 % so still its a fold like always .
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      You should add some aa and kk combos cos a fosh may slowplay those preflop.

Also u should add some J8o J7o and JXs preflop. This guy plays almost half his range pf. I think u will have enough to call here on the river.