[NL2-NL10] anon tables nl4 sh Kqo BB face min3bet.

• noulispa
      noulispa
      Bronze
      SB: $3.09 (77.3 bb)
      BB: $4 (100 bb)
      UTG: $4.01 (100.2 bb)
      MP: $4 (100 bb)
      CO: $6.09 (152.3 bb)
      BTN: $4.05 (101.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K :club: Q:diamond:
      UTG calls $0.04, MP checks, 2 folds, SB completes, BB raises to $0.24, UTG raises to $0.44, 2 folds, BB calls $0.20

readless. This limp/minraise preflop are usually strong . But can we call here against a 60+bb stack on the miraise with our entire range ? And play caousiously post flop.

Flop: ($0.92) 2:club: K:heart: 9:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, UTG bets $0.04, BB raises to $0.75, UTG raises to $1.46, BB folds

on the flop i hit the K but i dont want to go crazy. however whenj he bets 1bb ok to raise him for value ? and when he raise back i fold .
  • 2 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Noulispa,

Preflop: We really only want 2p+ vs unknown limp reraisers so we have to be careful postflop

Postflop: Yes, I agree that we can try to raise for thin value but we are still facing a strong range so we are not willing to go broke. Once he 3-bets we are done.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: I would just fold here. Pot odds are super good but it's not as though he made it <40 cents (I would call vs such a small raise). His range is mostly KK/AA, sometimes QQ/AK.

Flop: I would c/c here, as weak as it sounds. General rule of thumb is to proceed with caution when a fish reps such a strong range of hands.

A standard behaviour of such trappy limp/reraising fishes is that they will either check Flop or bet really small with the nuts. I would take free cards as much as possible in such spots to pot control and try getting to showdown as cheaply as possible.

As played, I agree with the fold.