This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

SSS vs BSS Rake

• simm1
      simm1
      Bronze
      Hey, so i just deposited 100$ on poker770 and thus got the 200$ bonus to clear.

Atm im playing the 6max NL .02/.05 speed poker tables with big stack and doing okay. but this seems to go pretty slow on the rake part.

So my question is will i earn rake way faster by playing NL20 SSS or should i just stay at what i am doing and give up making some of the bonus?
  • 3 replies
    • lodinn
      lodinn
      Bronze
      you shouldn't look for games where you pay much rake just to get a bonus. Remember, even with your bonus you still lose much more money when you're clearing it by paying rake.

To answer your question, I havn't played SSS but it should be lower in terms of rake/hands but then again you can easily get in more hands/hour playing SSS. Im currently trying out midstacked and its roughly 50% rake/hand compared to BSS at nl20.

edit: also, you can't play SSS at speed tables but MSS. And $100 is way too little to play at nl20.
    • legand73
      legand73
      Silver
      Hey simm1

I'm not too sure, definitively, if you get more rake playing nl20 but I would imagine that this is the case.

Also just a word of warning. It's easy to lose your whole bankroll chasing those deposit bonuses like I did once upon a time lol. I would advise that you just play normally and be content with unlocking some of it.

Regards,
      Luke
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lodinn
      edit: also, you can't play SSS at speed tables but MSS. And $100 is way too little to play at nl20.
      Its ok for SSS, since you're only buying in for $4, its 25BI.

Also I think SSS generates way more rake, but winrate is generally a lot lower than BSS. Most SSS players I see at NL10/20 are losing because they don't have a real strategy.

OP, I think you will win more from playing BSS at NL5 than you would SSS at NL20 even with the rakeback that the bonus gives you.