This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] J9o vs aggro fish

• GingerKid
      GingerKid
      Black
      iPoker - $0.50 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: 110.4 BB (VPIP: 22.70, PFR: 18.92, 3Bet Preflop: 7.35, Hands: 189)
      UTG: 99 BB (VPIP: 22.97, PFR: 19.53, 3Bet Preflop: 8.10, Hands: 1,769)
      Hero (CO): 102.66 BB
      BTN: 130.96 BB (VPIP: 25.30, PFR: 21.69, 3Bet Preflop: 6.72, Hands: 347)
      SB: 179.5 BB (VPIP: 23.11, PFR: 20.72, 3Bet Preflop: 10.34, Hands: 516)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 9:club: J:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, SB raises to 10 BB, fold, Hero calls 7 BB

Flop: (21 BB, 2 players) 7:club: 6:spade: 6:club:
      SB bets 13 BB, Hero calls 13 BB

Turn: (47 BB, 2 players) 5:diamond:
      SB bets 28 BB, Hero raises to 79.66 BB and is all-in, SB calls 51.66 BB

River: (206.32 BB, 2 players) 4:club:

Hero mucks 9:club: J:diamond: (One Pair, Sixes) (Pre 48%, Flop 39%, Turn 0%)
      SB shows 5:heart: 5:spade: (Full House, Fives full of Sixes) (Pre 52%, Flop 61%, Turn 100%)
      SB wins 200.32 BB

I marked him as aggro fish. I am not sure if my hand is ok to call IP. Is river overplay?
  • 5 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: snap fold (or 4b). How did u make your read on him? You marked him as an aggro fish for no reason? No past hand history? Did u see him play loosely over a small ssample and makd an incorrect assumption? His stats look so reggish to me.

Postflop: i see you make these sort of spewy plays multiple times already. I would suggest you take a serious look at your game especially in 3b pots. Your downswing is definitely not only because of bad luck - you are playing incorrectly in so many spots.

Flop is very standard fold. Dont call here if u hink villain bluffs turn a lot (your turn shove indicates that you think he is full of it here on the turn which is why u should fold flop)
    • GingerKid
      GingerKid
      Black
      Originally posted by mbml
      Hi.

Preflop: snap fold (or 4b). How did u make your read on him? You marked him as an aggro fish for no reason? No past hand history? Did u see him play loosely over a small ssample and makd an incorrect assumption? His stats look so reggish to me.

Postflop: i see you make these sort of spewy plays multiple times already. I would suggest you take a serious look at your game especially in 3b pots. Your downswing is definitely not only because of bad luck - you are playing incorrectly in so many spots.

Flop is very standard fold. Dont call here if u hink villain bluffs turn a lot (your turn shove indicates that you think he is full of it here on the turn which is why u should fold flop)

Again, mistake in posting. This is the correct hand J9o vs aggro fish broke

The problem is when I write the title of the hand the same as I posted a hand anytime ago, it postes the hand which I posted already before and not the hand I wanted.
      This bugg happens for a longer time, and it happens each time I post the same title of hand. Then I see it is wrong, and post again with different title, but this wrong hand stays because I am not able to delete it
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      I think the problem may be with your copy pasting from hem? Quite a few people tend to mispost when they post huge quantities of hands. Not sure though.
    • GingerKid
      GingerKid
      Black
      About this hand, I agree it is totally spewy, and you are right that I today lost maybe 1/3 because of mistakes and spewy play, which are because of tilt, usually I dont do it when I am not tilted.

I would play the same way if opponent is aggro and 3bets wide like this guy, but if I would have a draw, or a pair at least (so 5+ outs), because I expect him to fold here often enough. This hand was a complete spew with no outs, but still I think it is not totally bad because he should fold often here.
      I dont expect this move to be huge + Ev or even not to be +EV at all, but a small -EV, and I do it to balance my nuts. Because I call 3bets OOP and IP with any premium hand (never 4bettin versus aggro reggs) and I play the same way on turn, and then I get often called by TT and similar.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Depends a lot on your game plan.

I usually only slowplay pre if the villains pf 3b range is heavily weighted towards bluffs (ft4b of 60%+). Just bcos someone is aggro post doesnt mean u should always be slowplaying aa and kk often. If he jams 22/33/44/55 all day u are missing out on the chance to cooler him for 100 bb