[NL20-NL50] J9o vs aggro fish

• GingerKid
      GingerKid
      Black
      iPoker - $0.50 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: 110.4 BB (VPIP: 22.70, PFR: 18.92, 3Bet Preflop: 7.35, Hands: 189)
      UTG: 99 BB (VPIP: 22.97, PFR: 19.53, 3Bet Preflop: 8.10, Hands: 1,769)
      Hero (CO): 102.66 BB
      BTN: 130.96 BB (VPIP: 25.30, PFR: 21.69, 3Bet Preflop: 6.72, Hands: 347)
      SB: 179.5 BB (VPIP: 23.11, PFR: 20.72, 3Bet Preflop: 10.34, Hands: 516)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 9:club: J:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, SB raises to 10 BB, fold, Hero calls 7 BB

Flop: (21 BB, 2 players) 7:club: 6:spade: 6:club:
      SB bets 13 BB, Hero calls 13 BB

Turn: (47 BB, 2 players) 5:diamond:
      SB bets 28 BB, Hero raises to 79.66 BB and is all-in, SB calls 51.66 BB

River: (206.32 BB, 2 players) 4:club:

Hero mucks 9:club: J:diamond: (One Pair, Sixes) (Pre 48%, Flop 39%, Turn 0%)
      SB shows 5:heart: 5:spade: (Full House, Fives full of Sixes) (Pre 52%, Flop 61%, Turn 100%)
      SB wins 200.32 BB

I marked him as aggro fish. I am not sure if my hand is ok to call IP. Is river overplay?
  • 5 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: snap fold (or 4b). How did u make your read on him? You marked him as an aggro fish for no reason? No past hand history? Did u see him play loosely over a small ssample and makd an incorrect assumption? His stats look so reggish to me.

Postflop: i see you make these sort of spewy plays multiple times already. I would suggest you take a serious look at your game especially in 3b pots. Your downswing is definitely not only because of bad luck - you are playing incorrectly in so many spots.

Flop is very standard fold. Dont call here if u hink villain bluffs turn a lot (your turn shove indicates that you think he is full of it here on the turn which is why u should fold flop)
    • GingerKid
      GingerKid
      Black
      Originally posted by mbml
      Hi.

Preflop: snap fold (or 4b). How did u make your read on him? You marked him as an aggro fish for no reason? No past hand history? Did u see him play loosely over a small ssample and makd an incorrect assumption? His stats look so reggish to me.

Postflop: i see you make these sort of spewy plays multiple times already. I would suggest you take a serious look at your game especially in 3b pots. Your downswing is definitely not only because of bad luck - you are playing incorrectly in so many spots.

Flop is very standard fold. Dont call here if u hink villain bluffs turn a lot (your turn shove indicates that you think he is full of it here on the turn which is why u should fold flop)

Again, mistake in posting. This is the correct hand J9o vs aggro fish broke

The problem is when I write the title of the hand the same as I posted a hand anytime ago, it postes the hand which I posted already before and not the hand I wanted.
      This bugg happens for a longer time, and it happens each time I post the same title of hand. Then I see it is wrong, and post again with different title, but this wrong hand stays because I am not able to delete it
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      I think the problem may be with your copy pasting from hem? Quite a few people tend to mispost when they post huge quantities of hands. Not sure though.
    • GingerKid
      GingerKid
      Black
      About this hand, I agree it is totally spewy, and you are right that I today lost maybe 1/3 because of mistakes and spewy play, which are because of tilt, usually I dont do it when I am not tilted.

I would play the same way if opponent is aggro and 3bets wide like this guy, but if I would have a draw, or a pair at least (so 5+ outs), because I expect him to fold here often enough. This hand was a complete spew with no outs, but still I think it is not totally bad because he should fold often here.
      I dont expect this move to be huge + Ev or even not to be +EV at all, but a small -EV, and I do it to balance my nuts. Because I call 3bets OOP and IP with any premium hand (never 4bettin versus aggro reggs) and I play the same way on turn, and then I get often called by TT and similar.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Depends a lot on your game plan.

I usually only slowplay pre if the villains pf 3b range is heavily weighted towards bluffs (ft4b of 60%+). Just bcos someone is aggro post doesnt mean u should always be slowplaying aa and kk often. If he jams 22/33/44/55 all day u are missing out on the chance to cooler him for 100 bb