Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      CO ($50) 100bb
      BTN ($51.08) 102bb
      hero (SB) ($123) 246bb
      BB ($60.93) 122bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 4 players) hero is SB Q:diamond: K:club:
      CO raises to $1.50, 1 fold, hero calls $1.25, BB calls $1

Flop: 7:heart: 5:club: J:heart: ($4.50, 3 players)
      hero checks, BB checks, CO checks

Turn: K:diamond: ($4.50, 3 players)
      hero bets $3.21, BB folds, CO raises to $8, hero raises to $16.50, CO folds

Final Pot: $29
      hero shows
      Q:diamond: K:club:

hero wins $27.98 (net +$9.98)

BB lost $1.50
      CO lost $9.50

Basicly it's a FR table.
      After flop check i lead turn to win value from fishy player, but reg raises me. I cant imagine any strong hand at reg, cause the flop action.
      I have a reason to 3bet on turn, because there are many strong hands in my range.
      While he can have only AK (strongest hand), and if i only call, i think he wont continue his bluffs (like QT). If he calls on turn, i fire river as well.
      I think the reg wont push with draw hand on turn at NL50, so i dont affraid of that
      This 3bet naturally is a bluff, I want to fold AK.

Solution 1:
      turn bet/call, c/c river
      we hope he continues bluffs on the river, but we cant be sure about that.
      So we can't win more if he checks, but we loose against AK and also loose in 20% when his draw completes, cause call on the river.

Solution 2:
      we take the pot in 100%

Which line is better?

Tibor

• 7 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: i would 3b here. Dont like coldcalling in sb with bb acting behind us. If he squeezes or calls we are going to be oop.

Flop: check

Turn: i think you can check call here. King is a bluff card. As played bet call is way better than bet raise. You are just isolating yourself vs stronger hands here.

Thanks.
    • Tibor20
      Tibor20
      Bronze
      BB: 70/4

There is no stronger hands on turn only AK.I play bet on turn to win value from fishy player(BB).Turn 3bet(ofc bluff) and I win every time the pot and there is no possibility to improve.

After turn lead/c line, he will bluff on the river?
      AK may be bet on river for value but the QT will bluffing if the river blank?

I don't think so, that's why goes the 3bet on turn.

What did you think?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Ok leading turn is good since bb is a fish. And co is less likely to slowplay jj and potcontrol kj with a huge whale in the hand.

If thats the case then i think raising the turn is fine and we just cc blank rivers while cfing draw completing ones.
    • Tibor20
      Tibor20
      Bronze
      My 3bet on turn is very stong.He going to bluff on blank river if I check?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      What do u think his range is for checking flop and raising turn? Is it KX? Is it draws?

Will worse kx call when checked to? What worse kx hands do u think is in his co opening range? Kt? K8s?
    • Tibor20
      Tibor20
      Bronze
      I think turn raise AK or QT.I don't think he raising the turn with K8 or KT but not impossible.

Because BB is a fish and 4 handed the game, he will raise with wide range, all Kx may be.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      hmm i kept thinking there was a turned flush draw.

since the turn didn't bring any new flush draw, the only real draw (8 outer or more) is QT. This actually makes me want to flat the Turn more and hope that villain barrels the river too.

I think the 3b Turn c/c River line to bluff catch vs busted draws makes a lot more sense if there are many more draws in villain's check Flop raise Turn range.