This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50 JJ call 3bet BUsb

• double2
      double2
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP: $56 (112 bb)
      CO: $62.49 (125 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $50 (100 bb)
      SB: $50 (100 bb)
      BB: $50 (100 bb)
      UTG: $42.70 (85.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with J J
      3 folds, Hero raises to $1.12, SB raises to $4, BB folds, Hero calls $2.88

Flop: ($8.50) Q Q K (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($8.50) T (2 players)
      SB bets $4, Hero calls $4

River: ($16.50) 8 (2 players)
      SB bets $7.50, Hero folds

Results:
      $16.50 pot ($0.74 rake)
      Final Board: Q Q K T 8
      Hero mucked J J and lost (-$8 net)
      SB mucked and won $15.76 ($7.76 net)

20k hands
      25/19/6.5%
      3bet vs steal SB 8%
      3bet vs open BU 11.3%
      fold to 4bet 49%
      5bet range 2.5% (68)
      cbet flop/turn in 3bet pot 66/65
      WTSD 25%
      WWSF 45%
      Agg freq 43/34/27

No 3bet/5bet dynamic.

NH?
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey,

How often do you think he checks here with Qx or a flushdraw on the flop?

If not, seems like a solid spot to shove because he looks like KJ, KT, AK which is hard to believe will call a shove on the river. Calling is out of the question imo because he does indeed look like Kx like 90% of the time but there is a possibility of bluffing him off most his range because of his flop check imo. Any thoughts on that?
    • double2
      double2
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      Hey,

How often do you think he checks here with Qx or a flushdraw on the flop?

If not, seems like a solid spot to shove because he looks like KJ, KT, AK which is hard to believe will call a shove on the river. Calling is out of the question imo because he does indeed look like Kx like 90% of the time but there is a possibility of bluffing him off most his range because of his flop check imo. Any thoughts on that?
      Yeah, I don't think he checks flop with Qx or FD that often. Hands that plays like this are usually Kx, TT and not much more, maybe some bluffs.

I didn't consider turning my hand into bluff river. Anyways I don't have that many Qx and flushes myself since I checked back flop. Dunno if that makes him hero call Kx river, but the fact is I had to be able to turn showdown value into bluff cause I have always something once I check back flop.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Well, you always have some showdown value but that can be A high and can also be some slowplays but more it definitely still keeps Kx in his range when in a 3bet pot the flop comes KQQ. What matters most is if he can call Kx, if he is capable of thinking at that level because your move can represent a bit plus the likelihood of someone turning hand into a bluff is lower than you slowplaying or hitting something to raise for value imo. Not perfect vs a very thinking player ofc but decent spot. I still think we should not call because he has Kx way too often.