[NL20-NL50] NL50 QTo BBbu

• double2
      Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $50 (100 bb)
      SB: $55.80 (111.6 bb)
      Hero (BB): $53.70 (107.4 bb)
      UTG: $50.75 (101.5 bb)
      MP: $48.96 (97.9 bb)
      CO: $65.89 (131.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T Q
      3 folds, BTN raises to $1.13, SB folds, Hero calls $0.63

Flop: ($2.51) Q 5 K (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($2.51) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.50, BTN calls $1.50

River: ($5.51) 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.50, BTN raises to $10.08, Hero folds

20k hands
      open BU 40%
      fold to 3bet BU 56%
      cbet flop 48%
      WTSD 27%
      WWSF 42%
      Agg freq 31/33/23

Turn I think we have a value bet, not sure if I want to c/c or value bet on river blank, thoughs?

On this river clear value bet. The raise was pretty sick cause I don't really think this guy is capable of turn something into bluff, but I have the second nuts BBvsBU...
  • 1 reply
    • EmanuelC16

Preflop is fine imo against such a small raise and given his range.

Flop I ofc agree and on turn you can definitely think about checking as well, depending on how often your opponent would turn hands into bluff but when you do bet I definitely agree you get value and it's my personal usual line here as well.

On the river I like value betting expecthing Tc, 9c to probably call and sometimes some non-flush hands level themselves into a call. When he raises I think folding is best. I expect him to have Ac too often and expect him to have bluffed his complete air on the flop. That means he had showdown value after calling turn and most such hands don't need to bluffraise river and a lot or AcX imo.

One hand that left a mark in my memory in such a spot was where I bluffed overbet TP and got a call from second pair. This makes me think if overbetting here to look more polarised is an option, If you look polarised you almost never get bluff raised but also induce more calls because you are not repping Qc or any other medium club, always Ac or nothing in his view so you might get more non-flush hands to call.