[NL20-NL50] KTs, bu, 3way

• pokerferrer
      What do you think about this call preflop? I know the hand is hardly dominated by open raiser's range, but sometimes we can profitably use advantage of our postion, and also there was a fish on BB.
      What if there were not fish? Can we still call this? Or mb it is better to make bluff 3bet, especially without agressive dinamic?

MP 23/18/98h, 8.0AF, mp open raise 8
      BB is almost unknown fish, 60/0/20h, 1.2AF, wts 58

What about postflop? Can we call flop vs such action?
      And on the turn there is a still tough decision. But vs regs sizing I've decided he is never ahead, so we can still call.

If regular bets the river can we still call? I think actually his sizing on the river doesn't matter. Do we have value bet if both check to us?
      And can we find call on the river, if fish bets, lets say, half of the pot?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($38.49)
      BB ($15.25)
      UTG ($57.04)
      UTG+1 ($21.80)
      CO ($23.80)
      Hero ($25)

Dealt to Hero K:spade: T:spade:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.75, fold, Hero calls $0.75, fold, BB calls $0.50

FLOP ($2.35) 9:spade: 8:diamond: K:heart:

BB bets $0.25, UTG+1 raises to $1.25, Hero calls $1.25, BB calls $1

TURN ($6.10) 9:spade: 8:diamond: K:heart: K:diamond:

BB bets $0.25, UTG+1 raises to $2, Hero calls $2, BB calls $1.75

RIVER ($12.10) 9:spade: 8:diamond: K:heart: K:diamond: 6:diamond:

BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks

BB shows T:club: K:club:
      (Pre 9%, Flop 8.3%, Turn 47.6%)

UTG+1 shows A:spade: A:club:
      (Pre 81%, Flop 79.4%, Turn 4.8%)

Hero shows K:spade: T:spade:
      (Pre 10%, Flop 12.3%, Turn 47.6%)

BB wins $5.78
      Hero wins $5.78
  • 1 reply
    • w34z3l
      Hey Pokerferrer,

Generally I don't like the preflop call. However having reads on UTG+1 can be enough to turn it into a profitable call, as can the fact that there is a fish in the BB. The call is not "standard", but doesn't mean it won't be profitable under the right circumstances.

Flop is not really that great for you. Given the preflop call your hand is going to play much better if you flop a draw rather than a weak top-pair. I think folding to one bet is going to be a mistake though, flop call is fine.

You are put in a similar situation on turn. You shouldn't be overly thrilled about holding weak top-trips, but folding would be a mistake. Calling is god.

I think river check-back is good. You are still beaten by some hands in UTG+1s range and worse is not necessarily calling on 6 river. Generally hand looks well-played.