This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 Zoom 6max - River

• Guthans
      Guthans
      Silver
      Obviously I probably have to call the river given my odds and the busted FD. However, did I kill myself in the hand during flop or the turn?

$0.10/$0.25 No Limit Holdem
      PokerStars
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG eldave79 ($76.62) 306bb
      UTG+1 RAFANAMOSCA ($23.04) 92bb
      CO Wedmak ($12.75) 51bb
      BTN Guthan ($32.36) 129bb
      SB basurman234 ($24.66) 99bb
      BB LucaBrasi n1 ($10.42) 42bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.35, 6 players) Guthan is BTN 10:heart: A:club:
      2 folds, Wedmak raises to $0.65, Guthan raises to $1.75, 2 folds, Wedmak calls $1.10

Flop: A:heart: 9:spade: J:spade: ($3.85, 2 players)
      Wedmak checks, Guthan bets $1.75, Wedmak calls $1.75

Turn: 3:club: ($7.35, 2 players)
      Wedmak checks, Guthan bets $3.50, Wedmak calls $3.50

River: K:club: ($14.35, 2 players)
      Wedmak goes all-in $5.75, Guthan calls $5.75

Final Pot: $25.85
      Guthan shows a pair of Aces
      10:heart: A:club:
      Wedmak shows two pair, Aces and Kings
      K:diamond: A:spade:

Wedmak wins $24.69 (net +$11.94)

Guthan lost $12.75
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: why are u 3betting here? What are your reads?

Flop: i dont think u have 3 streets of value. Either check flop or turn.

As played river is a snapcall for those odds. Wont be surprised to see some busted draws. Would also like to point out that your bet size is suboptimal preflop. Make it smaller - u can see the compounding effect of your size. By making a larger 3b, even though you only half potted flop and turn, u had under halfpot on the river which is kind of an awkward betsize.

Not a big deal vs fish though.
    • Guthans
      Guthans
      Silver
      Originally posted by mbml
      Hi.

Preflop: why are u 3betting here? What are your reads?

Flop: i dont think u have 3 streets of value. Either check flop or turn.

As played river is a snapcall for those odds. Wont be surprised to see some busted draws. Would also like to point out that your bet size is suboptimal preflop. Make it smaller - u can see the compounding effect of your size. By making a larger 3b, even though you only half potted flop and turn, u had under halfpot on the river which is kind of an awkward betsize.

Not a big deal vs fish though.
      3betting to take it down preflop pretty much, blocker hand. Should I be flatting? Perhaps there's no value in 3betting a SS like this?

It's already smaller than 3x, should I be making it even smaller against his stack? To what extent?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      I don't mind making thin value 3bets if we knew that the fish is either
      -calling way too wide with many worse hands
      -plays very weakly postflop, so we don't mind isolating him from the others and then taking down the pot on the flop with a continuation bet most of the time

doesn't seem that you have such a read here, since you did not mention it. flatting is definitely a reasonable option. I Don't think it's clear whether 3b or call is the best line with so little info.

i don't think you should be using 3X PF raise sizes all the time, that's just a general guideline. Usually vs shorter stacks I would make it 2.5X, maybe even lower vs 25-30bb stacks.