Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $52,55
      Hero:
      $50,00

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.58 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:spade: , T:heart:
      MP3 folds, Hero raises to $2,00, 2 folds, BB calls $1,50.

Flop: ($4,25) Q:spade: , 5:spade: , 7:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $3,50, BB calls $3,50.

Turn: ($11,25) J:diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $7,00, BB calls $7,00.

River: ($25,25) 6:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $17,00,..

Final Pot: $59,25

On the flop i make a standard contibet and got called.

On the turn i make a second barrel, because his stats shows he is a reasonable palyer who can fold, and he could have called with a lot of hands on the flop which now should fold. Like pocket pairs 88-TT and flush draws. And i still have some outs to improve if he calls.

I got called again, and a blank comes on the river. He checks.
      I think i had never made a 3rd barrel before, but here i thought it could be profitable. I still don't see if he can have a better hand than a pair (except maybe QJ), and one pair hands should fold mostly to a 3rd bet.

So what do you think about my second and 3rd barrel here?
  • 2 replies
    • kukac26
      kukac26
      Bronze
      C-bet on flop is okay...

Semi-bluff with inside and overcard on the turn..? I'd just check behind.. if he called the flop he has to have hit something (maybe even big) and will call again.

Surrendering on the river. In the best case he has a flush draw that didn't complete and he isn't paying your ace high with that anyway. There are a lot of worse cases for this hand and at 2,4:1 he's calling you with a lot of them (if he put you on flush draw he's running you down with as low as 88).
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Check behind on the turn he won´t fold Q, which is his most likely holding.
      As played I would check behind river. You beat busted flushdraw and if you called you twice, he won´t fold river.