[NL20-NL50] QTs

• zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      dunno what this is, everyone started 3betting light vs UTG lately, which is pretty weird, and i kinda grew tired of it + i have a blocker + if he calls i have some playability

villain 22/20/9 AF:3.6 cb:72 ftcb:3/8 wtsd:22 400 hands

once he calls i give him a range of TT-QQ, AK and sometimes slowplayed KK/AA

my hand is a bluff so i guess otf its still a bluffcatcher otf and i dont see a worse hand calling, so i c/c vs his small sizing,

turn is kinda bad, i def cannot c/c again imo and i think he is going to bluff this card a lot as well and his small sizings are just so weird small, even for 4b pot i think jamming might be ok here?

i guess i dont rep much, maybe QQ/AQ and maybe AK that flatted flop vs the small sizing,

ill fold out TT/JJ/ slowplayed KK, some weird KQs or random 9Tdd that flatted pre and i only get called by 1 combo of QQ and a few combos of unlikely AQ.... i think he might even have a problem calling AK....

iPoker - $0.20 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: $25.92 (VPIP: 25.13, PFR: 22.48, 3Bet Preflop: 9.13, Hands: 1,392)
      Hero (UTG): $27.98
      MP: $20.80 (VPIP: 13.67, PFR: 12.95, 3Bet Preflop: 5.77, Hands: 141)
      CO: $10.13 (VPIP: 12.39, PFR: 7.08, 3Bet Preflop: 1.85, Hands: 116)
      BTN: $24.91 (VPIP: 22.34, PFR: 19.80, 3Bet Preflop: 7.83, Hands: 401)
      SB: $10.83 (VPIP: 29.80, PFR: 22.45, 3Bet Preflop: 4.59, Hands: 252)

SB posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.20

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.30) Hero has Q:club: T:club:

Hero raises to $0.60, fold, fold, BTN raises to $1.80, fold, fold, Hero raises to $4.60, BTN calls $2.80

Flop: ($9.50, 2 players) 5:diamond: Q:diamond: 4:spade:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $2.40, Hero calls $2.40

Turn: ($14.30, 2 players) A:spade:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $4.40, Hero raises to $20.62, fold

Hero shows Q:club: T:club: (One Pair, Queens)
      Hero wins $21.95
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: IF we knew he was 3betting really wide here in this exact situation (>10% 3b range) I think you can call the 3b OOP. If he isn't too wide I think 4bet bluffing here is reasonable. but we are deep which may make 4betting worse.

Flop: Well i think bet and check are both possible options. you should have a good game plan though.

Turn: It seems that you are really fond of all these protection turn shove plays. we are deep which makes this play that much worse. I would just close my eyes and c/c here and c/c all rivers. If we are getting all the money in vs AX or KK anyway then we might as well do so, while allowing villain the opportunity to bluff the River.

If the stack to pot ratio was lower I think the protection makes more sense. Over here I think there is a 55-60% pot size bet left, I think you can just checkcall turn and pray he bluffs the River.
    • zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      Hi.

Preflop: IF we knew he was 3betting really wide here in this exact situation (>10% 3b range) I think you can call the 3b OOP. If he isn't too wide I think 4bet bluffing here is reasonable. but we are deep which may make 4betting worse.

Flop: Well i think bet and check are both possible options. you should have a good game plan though.

Turn: It seems that you are really fond of all these protection turn shove plays. we are deep which makes this play that much worse. I would just close my eyes and c/c here and c/c all rivers. If we are getting all the money in vs AX or KK anyway then we might as well do so, while allowing villain the opportunity to bluff the River.

If the stack to pot ratio was lower I think the protection makes more sense. Over here I think there is a 55-60% pot size bet left, I think you can just checkcall turn and pray he bluffs the River.

well, its wasnt really meant to be a protection, more like turning it into a bluff and trying to fold out KQ/KK/maybe AK/AJs and ofc keep hands like TT/JJ from bluffing the river
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      I don't think a good player is ever bet/folding the Turn with anything he chose to bet for value with.

Meaning if I opted to bet the Turn for thin value with KK/KQ/AX, I am always calling the Turn push. Reason being

1) You could be making a protection turn check/push with QX
      2) So many draws on board, you could have easily turned some sort of combo draw or maybe you opted to c/c c/push with the flopped flush draw instead of check/raising immediately.