This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] K10 hitting Top Pair turn facing overbet

• Locito
      Locito
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $5.68
      SB:
      $9.20
      BB:
      $10.86
      MP2:
      $10.41
      MP3:
      $11.49
      CO (Hero):
      $19.19

Preflop: Hero is CO with K, T.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.35, BU calls $0.35, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.85) 5, 7, 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.20, Hero calls $0.20.

Turn: ($1.25) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1.50, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.25.

Stats
      Stake Game Hands My C Won VPIP PFR Total AF Total AFq WTSD % WSD
      $0.10 NL (6 max) 441 $19.39 16.47 12.53 2.29 49.23 22.92 81.82

Was thinking that he had pp like 88-99 since he does not call often and the bet on flop was not really to protect a set. so thought that hitting my K or 10 would be good.

Questions:
      Should I c-bet on the flop ? I thought flop was pretty ugly and that I could not make him fold much.
      Should I bet on the turn ? thought about letting him bluff/bet since I thought my hand was good but I wanted to keep the pot small and not face a raise.
      Shoul I call the turn? hitted my K but against an overbet it felt like he wanted me to have a K, and it felt like he was getting ready to shove on the river looking at his pot-stack ratio.

Did I do anything good besides the pre-flop raise?:p also folded cause I was very unhappy with how I played and thought that taking my loss and moving to the next hand was best.
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Would checkfold flop. For that size i think calling cant be too bad but calling to hit and then folding when u did is realllly bad. Its not that much bigger than a pot size bet. Ez call.